Back in Business - well, sort of ... :)

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
jay clock said:
Thanks - makes me realise how dependent I am!

One thing that needs look is that when I log in I see two announcements at the top of the page, (one re server and one re kit orders). When I click on these I am told I do not have enough privileges.... (sounds like I live in a council flat and was not a member of the Bullingdon Club......)

Cheers matey!

I've had someone else report this too - it's possibly a bug that needs ironing out.

Try this instead:

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/announcement.php?a=69

Cheers,
Shaun :tongue:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Auntie Helen said:
Thanks Shaun, but my 'My Account' at the top doesn't seem to work (where I go to my subscriptions)

Hi Helen,

Can you please try deleting your cookie and login again to create a new one, and then let me know if your account links are working?

Just search for cookies in the FAQ and you'll see the link.

Cheers,
Shaun

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
HelenD123 said:
Wow, the things you do for us! We're not worthy. We should have had an extra large ice cream shipped down from Mr Moos for you!

Oh yeah, I could have done with that a 02:30 this morning to keep me awake ... :smile:

I'm out for my usual Thursday night pub crawl (darts match) tonight so I may have an extra one or two to keep me going. :tongue:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
661-Pete said:
Good work Shaun. thanks :smile:.

The original URL which I had bookmarked, to take you to the forum homepage:
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/
doesn't seem to work any more. However the following version works fine:
http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/index.php
so I've amended the bookmark. Should people be alerted?

Perhaps everyone who got caught out like me, has figured this out by now??? ;)

Hi Pete,

There are still some outstanding problems that I'm working on.

These things should work as before once the bugs are ironed out.

Cheers,
Shaun :laugh:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
1stly - ta for the work you put in, much appreciated.

2ndly - Found one small problem; when I try the "New Posts" feature, Firefox is asking me to download the php rather than running it server side.

Version info;
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
John the Monkey said:
1stly - ta for the work you put in, much appreciated.

2ndly - Found one small problem; when I try the "New Posts" feature, Firefox is asking me to download the php rather than running it server side.

Version info;
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Thanks John, lots of people having similar "download" problems.

Looking into it.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
NP. If it helps troubleshooting, I tried the cookie clearance (by logging out, and then by deleting them in firefox) - still got the download though.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
John the Monkey said:
NP. If it helps troubleshooting, I tried the cookie clearance (by logging out, and then by deleting them in firefox) - still got the download though.

John, could you please try clearing your browser cache to see if that cures it?

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Auntie Helen said:
I've tried everything and still get the download thingie when clicking on User CP/My Account/whatever it's called

Hi Helen,

I've just finished speaking with a techie who has made a change to the server - can you try it now?

Cheers,
Shaun :evil:

Top Bottom