Back in the fold !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been away from cycling for a number of years to any real degree as I started to have major problems with Fibromyalgia which left me in a bit of a mess, Then to top it off last year I had my first crash on two wheels ( 40+ years of motorbikes and cycling) and destroyed my shoulder and my bike. Mrs Badger then banned me from anything with two wheels. A couple of years ago my lad was given a bike which has just sat in the shed for two years. This one. It had never been ridden by it's previous owner !
bie2.jpg

I decided to make it usable and dig it out of the shed then I rode it along the river Seven to the next village and really enjoyed it. After my ride out on my lads bike I had decided to get one, I was looking second hand so that I could customize it to my liking and maybe save a few quid. I've looked all over and couldn't really see anything one in the price range I wanted to pay = cheap as possible and 2 ideally I was looking at a 80's 90's MTB. Today I walked around a corner in Stourbridge and found two bikes leaning against a lamppost outside someone's house. All I had to do was cut the lock and they were mine ( sorry that was the inner Dudley coming out ! I now live in Shropshire) In reality I knocked the door and asked if they were put out for the scrap man which they were so I've rescued this one ( the bigger one of the two) it just needs a new chain. I managed to take it apart and fit it in my micro car to get it home. I've adjusted the brakes at the caliper end, adjusted the wheel bearings, blown the tyres up cleaned it up and give it some lube and this is how it looks. My luck never normally works this way so I'm off to do the lottery ! The chain should come tomorrow !

BIKE1.jpg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Welcome. Back

Looks awesome that - I’d hit it !! Stay safe 🚴

Dad and lad along the river bank paths to and from the next villages - what's not to like? Mrs Badger will be wanting one soon so she can keep an eye on both of you, so better keep an eye open for one to suit her, too.
Just be careful not to fall into either into the water or the nettles if you're riding home from the pub ...LOL!

Top Bottom