Back on my Scott

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iwchris

Hi guys, I have just come back to cycling after a three gap, and I am really loving it, I have always had a mountain bike and did use it quite a lot, but then started to get knee trouble from an injury left over from my squash playing days.

I decided that I needed to do something to keep my weight down and reduce the use of the car, so I purchased a new "Pedelec Electric Bike" which is fantastic! and after a few weeks of using that I found that I was no longer getting a knee problem even after a 20 mile cycle with the electric switched off, and with a very heavy bike.

After the success of using this new bike I decided to get my old Scott Mountain bike out, and I have been so pleased with the results of riding it for a a few weeks, the knee problem has gone, and my legs are so much stronger now, I have just renewed the tyres on it to a more hybrid type of tyre.

My car fuel bill is right down, and I have lost quite a bit of weight and feel so much fitter, I will still be using the electric bike for runs to the shops, as it has more carrying capacity with the panias, and on longer rides, (We have Mega Hills on the Isle of Wight,) but most of the time I now be using my Scott and loving it.

Well done. The bug is well and truly on you...let the spending begin (there are soooo many accessories out there!)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well done and welcome Chris, you already have 2 bikes, it's the beginning of the financial end :biggrin:

Top Bottom