Back on the bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jazzer

Regular
Hi I'm jazzer 58yrs young living in hutton rudby close to north york moors, been cycling 4 yrs and love it, biggest achievement being the Fred whitton in 2011 completed in 9hrs, done another few 100 mile sportives, last November brought my first mishap, when a car battered into me at a junction, 15 weeks off work , complete with plaster cast arghhh, now back at work 3 weeks and getting into my 40 mile daily commute, trying to she'd a few pounds, hi to all cheers

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi Jazzer from another 58 er fom the other side of the Pennines (say now't else on that ) glad to hear your back on your bike or is this a replacement for the one you got hit on or did you get the worst of thye impact, any way best of luck for the future :thumbsup:

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Hi Jazzer and :welcome:
Glad you are now commuting again, shows true passion for your cycling after what you have endured!
What was the outcome of your incident regarding Blame, prosecution, compensation etc?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi Jazzer and :welcome:.

Well done getting back into it after that incident. I hope all your future cycling is enjoyable and trouble free.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
J

Jazzer

Regular
Hi guys thanks for good wishes,the bike I was battered on was a orbea road bike, frame wheels nackered, lbs condemned it arghhh loved that bike, just bought a Scott speedster hybrid for the daily commute, which I'm enjoying, recent strong winds thrown up quite a challenge, the guy who clobbered me admitted liability,so things are running there course re claim for damaged bike and equipment, and need physio for neck, but really glad to get cycling again, and need to shift the weight gain haha cheers

OP
OP
J

Jazzer

Regular
Hi, forgot to mention, which I was quite disgusted with, that the police had strong words with the driver who battered me, shocking chers

Top Bottom