Back on the bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tedious post alert.
Promised myself that if commuted for a year I'd buy a shiny new bike and consign the trusty Saracen Ventoux to the dark recesses of the shed. One year later I've somehow managed this epic feat so a Ribble Gran Fondo with Ultegraiis duly ordered. Impatiently I await, then one day it arrives, I marvel at its sleek lines, it's brakes that actually stop me and rejoice in its lightness.
Excitedly I ride to work and back, then go boxing training where I'm then promptly injured. Not as you'd suspect from a flurry of blows. No. I actually took a step backwards, twisted my ankle and collapsed like a rag doll.
I then spend the next month unable to ride my shiny and am reduced to staring at it in the garage.
Until today when me and Shiny get back on the road. A 0500hrs start a 10 hour shift and 22 miles later I am tired but happy to be back on the bike. Ankle throbbing slightly but couldn't give s tinkers cuss, looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.
See I told you it was tedious.

classic33

Leg End Member
Tedious post alert.
Promised myself that if commuted for a year I'd buy a shiny new bike and consign the trusty Saracen Ventoux to the dark recesses of the shed. One year later I've somehow managed this epic feat so a Ribble Gran Fondo with Ultegraiis duly ordered. Impatiently I await, then one day it arrives, I marvel at its sleek lines, it's brakes that actually stop me and rejoice in its lightness.
Excitedly I ride to work and back, then go boxing training where I'm then promptly injured. Not as you'd suspect from a flurry of blows. No. I actually took a step backwards, twisted my ankle and collapsed like a rag doll.
I then spend the next month unable to ride my shiny and am reduced to staring at it in the garage.
Until today when me and Shiny get back on the road. A 0500hrs start a 10 hour shift and 22 miles later I am tired but happy to be back on the bike. Ankle throbbing slightly but couldn't give s tinkers cuss, looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.
See I told you it was tedious.
Well?

OP
OP
Incontinentia Buttocks

Incontinentia Buttocks

Über Member
A picture of my bike? Et voila
20150216_191106.jpg

Top Bottom