Back tyre for wet rock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Could somebody please recommend one?

Preferably something discounted! It can have a wire (non-folding) bead because I never get punctures, not off-road, anyway.

Ta

Motozulu

Über Member
I'd rather have the one for the front tbh ^_^ I can cope with me @rse end being all over the shop but last time I lost the front on wet rocks it was a hospital job :B)

You get time to recover a rear end - most front end losses end painfully though.

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I take your point but it's worn out! Original one from 2004 when I bought the bike...

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Problem is it's worn out! Not changing it for the sake of it...

Tho I have been guilty of that on occasion! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Just wet rock with mixed trail? I'd be interested myself in the answer to this as that is exactly what I'm riding at the moment.

It's only wet rocks that need extra grip, I reckon. I can ride most other conditions with virtually anything.

Any tyre...

lulubel

Über Member
It's only wet rocks that need extra grip, I reckon.

I suspect you'll find there is no tyre that will grip wet rock.

Motozulu

Über Member
Possibly - but tbh I've trawled the forums on the same subject and got pretty much a different answer everytime - with some even rubbishing what another had recommended - therefore...good luck! :becool:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Wet slate, wet shale, wet granite, wet sandstone, wet chalk, wet limestone, etc, etc.. all very different surfaces with different requirements from a tyre.

Me? I go for something with Black Chilli compound from Conti. My budget may be different to yours though.

Top Bottom