Bad Behaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Yeah, if I don't hear it, I just presume it was positive.

Not worth getting worked up about, not that I can always follow my own advice. It is easier if they are just shouting rather than trying to take your front wheel out with a punishment pass though.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I am very bad with faces. Last year there was a very good chance I gave my bosses boss an earful after he cut me up leading to a width restriction and then stopped dead because he didn't know if he could fit his car through the gap. Not helped by the fact that if it was him, he was driving his wifes Micra sized thing at the time (faces, not a hope, cars, easy to remember).

ayceejay

Guru
A bunch of young oiks pulled alongside one day and all yelled to scare me, unable to think it through what a cyclist might do when surprised like that. I wobbled a bit and then got mad and took chase. They only lived about a mile further on and pulled into the drive of their house, I came in just as they were getting out of the car. I can assure you the look on their faces was worth the effort, they were so scared they could only stammer "It wasn't me mister" pointing to one another.

runner

Guru
never really bothers me....I am far too busy watching, listening and getting on with the serious business or riding!

I have been known to ride my bikes on some roads, where you don't expect to see (and very rarely do see) a solo cyclist, the A34 from Newbury to Oxford, or the A303 from Andover towards Winchester for example. Most of the beeps and shouts were friendly multiple short beeps and encouragement. The only time (which sticks in my memory) which was different was when I found myself on the bit of the A27, towards Chichester, where it meets the bottom of the A3(M), and some flaming idiot in a white van actually pulled alongside me and started screaming at me to "get off the F'ing motorway". Yeah, I really needed that distraction just there :eek:

Oldbloke

Guru
I have been known to ride my bikes on some roads, where you don't expect to see (and very rarely do see) a solo cyclist, the A34 from Newbury to Oxford, or the A303 from Andover towards Winchester for example. Most of the beeps and shouts were friendly multiple short beeps and encouragement. The only time (which sticks in my memory) which was different was when I found myself on the bit of the A27, towards Chichester, where it meets the bottom of the A3(M), and some flaming idiot in a white van actually pulled alongside me and started screaming at me to "get off the F'ing motorway". Yeah, I really needed that distraction just there :eek:

I used those 3 roads for years in cars, motorbikes, vans, never cycled them though...you must be one very brave cyclist

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I have a riding buddy that calls out "hiya" when he hears a car horn. I found it amusing at first and then thought it's probably a good way to beat the "who are you beeping at" red mist. Thankfully around here it's a rare occurrence.

Mrs M

Guru
Only frightened once. :ohmy:
Went out on bike one evening years ago, riding along when I heard "get her".
Looked round and a "pack" of kids were chasing me, all the way home.
Turned into our driveway and got off bike, the chasers then saw it was a "wrong spy" (mistaken identity) and went away.
Probably the local school bullies, just glad they didn't catch me.

Had that.... they could not understand why I found it so funny until I pointed out that my trike was probably double the value of the crock they were driving
Mine has happened twice at the same lights where the same type vehicle had pulled alongside me to try to squeeze through when I have been at the front and for the rest of the world effectively blocking it. Both times driver and passenger and driver rather embarrassed. Suspect it was the same idiot... It stumped the passenger both times and both times I got away in front of them forcing them to wait until after the left filter before they could get passed, a while 5-10m. Ironically that road filters onto a dual carriageway so it is not as though I'm even going to be holding them up! :wacko:

MisterStan

Label Required
smile and wave.png

Top Bottom