Bad circulation in hands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
Over the years I have tried numerous pairs of gloves but never had any success and in cold weather my hands and in particular my fingers get very very cold to the point of pain. I know this winter will soon be at an end and this is probably the time to consider buying proper heated gloves for later in the year...Are there any that are good? are there any that work? In the past I have tried some cheap heated gloves from Maplin but they were so bulky and the batteries rather large....are there some better alternatives?

Venod

Eh up
I have the same problem and like you dismissed the heated gloves as too bulky, I find the best solution a thin pair of thermal inner gloves with neoprene outer pair, the neoprene gloves by themselves are very sweaty, the inners soak it up a bit, its better than painful cold fingers, I have got the stage if the temp is below 4c I have to seriously consider if its worth going out.

Last edited:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Keep your core temp a bit higher than you would prefer.... I suffer and find that if my main body is cosy that my hands and feet are warmer (not warm!). Also arm warmers and making sure there isn't a gap between the glove and the wrist.

cubey

Über Member
My hands are the opposite, too sweaty. Out for an hour and a half today and hands warm and sweaty, using a pair of these off Amazon.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's an absolute nightmare if you suffer with the cold and finding something suitable. I'm lucky in that I can get away with just full finger summer MTB gloves for most of the winter, and then nightvision gloves when very very cold (and I sweat in them).

You need something windproof.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It's an absolute nightmare if you suffer with the cold and finding something suitable. I'm lucky in that I can get away with just full finger summer MTB gloves for most of the winter, and then nightvision gloves when very very cold (and I sweat in them).

You need something windproof.
I wear full finger gloves even in summer unless its 20 degrees plus i get cold hands from windchill even in summer.

Top Bottom