Bad day at the office....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Bloody hell, Andy. So sorry to hear about this. Someone was clearly very determined to do serious damage.

:sad:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Andy that really is awful news. I would say theres a good chance the criminal would have cut himself trashing a bike in a rage like that. Have you had a good look for any stains the police could use for DNA analysis.

If a burglar cuts himsel;f on broken glass they routinely take a sample.

Best wishes to you in what must be a very depressing time.

That's bloody awful Andy, especially if it is deliberate like you suspect. If so, I'd look close to home, disgruntled colleague, it seems unlikely someone would follow you off the road to do all that but I'm sure you've thought of all that anyway.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
The barstards! The mind boggles as to why people do such things.

They've also only left you with one zip tie from what I can see.

Hopefully you can fix her up to a useable state and then continue to leave here where you do... only with the addition of a covert camera covering the area in case such a thing should happen again... then off to the Police, or failing that some nice revenge exacted when they least expect it. :whistle:

B*stards!

Prostalk%20Digital%20Wildlife%20Camera-1.jpg

"Wild life cameras" - up to 8 mp, infra red and motion sensor, so snaps away quietly in lovely detail!

What has the company got to say?

Although of course that may not be something you can discuss at the moment.

Sorry to hear about this, it s the reason I bought the Gekko, after a couple of bikes were stolen / vandalised at work and the Gekko fits in my locker.

Sorry to hear about this - and I hope the perp gets caught

OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Morning all.

Not much I can add on events leading up to her destruction, yet, but I can gladly jolly you along with a report on her substitution.

From the minute the original thread was posted, I've had a steady stream of consolatory messages, texts and emails. The offers of help (mechanical, emotional, financial and "muscle") have been gratefully received, and all came to fruition last Friday morning when an enormous box landed at my front door.

Every single response has helped restore my faith in the kindness of people (not that you lot were ever in doubt), but top of the bill goes to David at Laid Back Bikes who not only recalled having an underseat steer Seiran in an Edinburgh garage, but also took the time to get it fixed up, cleaned, boxed and sent down to me in London overnight. Hounded by mice (of the three wheeled rather than four legged kind) he stopped only long enough to confirm my address.

By Saturday, I'd put new pedals and 300 yards on her. Yesterday I managed to join one of the two(?) non London Sunday London Rides, bagged 50 miles, and have kept what has been my first smile in a week ever since.

So. Thank you all. More to follow.

Andy.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Only just seen this topic Andy, and I'm quietly fuming away here. :sad:

I hope someone applies a rusty cheese grater to the vandal's bollocks. That or he meets the Lord Mayor's Mr Shovel.

Top Bottom