Bad driving or bad cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Many instances on here of cyclists being close to becoming an accident statistic either through inept drivers or cyclists not reading the road correctly and not anticipating what may happen.

What really stuns me though is the reluctance of cyclists to knock 7 bells out of a driver who nearly causes them pain or even death :rolleyes:

If I was a 'victim' of some of the drivers seen on some of these footages I would have no hesitation in reacting to it with a bunch of fives :excl:

Is it just me being a cycle lout or are many cyclists just too pacifist?

Sometimes, the best part of my day is the bike ride commute. Seriously, a good fast ride gets the endorphins flowing and I feel brilliant. I don't want argy bargy or aggro, just let it go. Blokes will NEVER admit to bad driving, or at least the kind of blokes who pull stupid stunts around cyclists. I don't want fisticuffs, two cocks squaring up at each other, who wants that? Ride on, forget it, karma will get them, or their life must be pretty miserable already if they deliberately intimidate people for giggles with their car. Leave them to it, ride on and have a nice sandwich. Maybe some cheese and onion crisps. Fanta.

I saw a van with a bumper sticker saying "I am a vet, therefore I drive like an animal".

Made me realise how many gynaecologists there are on the roads.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Especially when wearing cleats.

Do what women do with high heels take them off. :tongue:

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
If its a case of a really close one or even a crash its best to stay as calm as possible. A few expletives and shouting is fine and would be understandable. Fighting them would not be. A crash is going to have to be reported to the police and you don't exactly want to tell them you beat or tried to beat up the driver. Whereas shouting and swearing would be acceptable given the circumstance. Also I wouldn't bother fighting as there are many other ways to get back at the driver. Insurance claims, contact company(if company vehicle) and police being the main ones.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have shouted at drivers .... but I'm female and likely to come off worse in a punch up, and they have a big lump of metal that they weren't too bothered about injuring me in the first place, I don't want to annoy them enough that they want to use it to finish the job off properly. I think (regrettably), that most bad driving is met with a cross shrug of the shoulders and shake of the head then hopefully forgotten. And when I'm at fault I like to think that I signal my apology immediately, can't remember what I did yesterday but I do remember saying sorry and feeling bad about it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Many instances on here of cyclists being close to becoming an accident statistic either through inept drivers or cyclists not reading the road correctly and not anticipating what may happen.

What really stuns me though is the reluctance of cyclists to knock 7 bells out of a driver who nearly causes them pain or even death :rolleyes:

If I was a 'victim' of some of the drivers seen on some of these footages I would have no hesitation in reacting to it with a bunch of fives :excl:

so a near miss, in your book should result in a physical assault... I'd call that more thuggish than loutish.

please calm down... your fists are not the way to resolve anything, especially things that only 'nearly' happened. :thumbsup:

sidevalve

Über Member

Interesting scenario but does this same logic apply to a pedestrian who has to dodge a cyclist who rides on the footpath for example ?
And finally not all car drivers are feeble and weedy individuals some are big and hard [and not always alone] and a fight could end up with the cyclist suffering more injuries than if he'd simply hit the car. To give out a load of verbal and threats only gets the adrenalin flowing both ways.

Top Bottom