Bad driving reported. No response, should I escalate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
12 inches, 6 inches, we are notorious for not being able to estimate, are we not? 3 feet is too close for a lorry of this length anyway.
If I haven't heard anything by Monday I will contact them again.
This isn't a haulage company, so if I do complain on twitter it will have an impact on them. I think this is actually more likely to get senior attention and may result in better consideration of cyclists by all their drivers, which can only be a good thing.

Brandane

Legendary Member
This isn't a haulage company, so if I do complain on twitter it will have an impact on them.

You could find that although the lorry is painted in a companies colours, it might be operated by a third party. e.g. Morrisons (Bellshill depot) is a franchise operated by Norbert Dentressangle; Sainsburys (East Kilbride) is similarly run by DHL.., Tesco/Stobart, M&S/Gist etc..This could be a good thing as far as your complaint is concerned, as the lorry operator will be more likely to take action if their paymaster comes to them with a complaint about a driver. The paymaster will of course be concerned about public opinion.

Ask politely for a timescale. Then you can chase them when this time has elapsed. If the timescale is too long (we'll get back to you by September), then you know they are not bothering and escalate it now.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I am still awaiting an answer from the company. I am not sure how seriously they are taking this
https://twitter.com/srcl_ltd/status/357414857697542144

You shouldn't expect them to drop everything and target all their resources to your complaint. Take them at their word, they do sound sincere, and give them a couple of weeks. There's a fine line between maintaining pressure and becoming a pain in the arse.

And even if they don't take such action as you deem suitable, what then? You've made your displeasure clear, it's time to get on with riding your bike and leave the incident behind you. Carrying it around forever won't make it any better, only spoil your day each time you think about it.

GC

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
You shouldn't expect them to drop everything and target all their resources to your complaint. Take them at their word, they do sound sincere, and give them a couple of weeks. There's a fine line between maintaining pressure and becoming a pain in the arse.

And even if they don't take such action as you deem suitable, what then? You've made your displeasure clear, it's time to get on with riding your bike and leave the incident behind you. Carrying it around forever won't make it any better, only spoil your day each time you think about it.

GC
I agree. I just wanted to provide an update and I am certainly not dwelling on this. I shall wait and see what happens now.

Top Bottom