Bad Driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I often report examples of bad driving that I encounter when out and about on my bike. It's a hobby of mine.

Most companies respond positively. "We've given our driver a good telling off", or "we've taken the drivers 50 quid good conduct bonus off him", through to "we've sacked him", and even, "we took him out at dawn and he was executed by firing sqaud" are all common responses.

But do they? Mrs D reckons they do nothing about any of it, and just make up any old guff to get the whinging public to go away.

What do you reckon?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I think Mrs D is wiser than you when it comes to a lot of companies. Perhaps the national firms do follow a proper process but I am fairly sure the majority of smaller companies just fob people off.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Well one example I have went very well, mainly because I know the owner of the company involved. He expressed great concern about me informing him his driver was doing great harm behaving the way he was while the company's name was emblazoned on the van so he fired him! And I know he did through info later received. I didn't do it maliciously or expect a firing but I had to look after my mate's company and he trusted my veracity.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I find that most company trucks and vans drive well around cyclists, possibly with the exception of white vans with slogans such as Dave's Masonry or some such. ^_^ I guess professional drivers don't want to risk their licence. Sometimes I feel safer with a 44 ton HGV behind me than some yobbo in a BMW or Audi. So I rarely feel the need to report them.

rikki

Legendary Member
I am sure this is true, but the fact she married Drago does count against this thought . 😂😂😂😂😂😀
Surely everyone is allowed ONE mistake.

I think Mrs. D is right - in most cases nothing will come from a single report, but if it's part of a documented pattern of behaviour, it might lead to action, and if the driver is subsequently involved in a big crash then it will give them much less of a leg to stand on.

Keep on reporting, fellow!

Dave7

Legendary Member
I find that most company trucks and vans drive well around cyclists, possibly with the exception of white vans with slogans such as Dave's Masonry or some such. ^_^ I guess professional drivers don't want to risk their licence. Sometimes I feel safer with a 44 ton HGV behind me than some yobbo in a BMW or Audi. So I rarely feel the need to report them.
Not 'Welshies Masonry' I see. Hmmmm

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not all HGV drivers are as you may hope. I know several and most are competent and considerate but I have had conversations with some timber haulers who were real knuckle draggers and said they would drive me off the road if I was in front of them. That was with a bike and not the trike I have now.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Not all HGV drivers are as you may hope. I know several and most are competent and considerate but I have had conversations with some timber haulers who were real knuckle draggers and said they would drive me off the road if I was in front of them. That was with a bike and not the trike I have now.
True, there is a local road where tipper trucks barrel along - the way they drive, they must be on commission or something!

Top Bottom