Bad Driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It's true that small / one man band companies will take a complaint less seriously, but there are other ways to skin a cat.
I saw a liveried electrician's van going through the centre of my town well in excess of the speed limit and certainly far, far in excess for what was appropriate for the time of day, and well within the "reckless" definition. He then went through a pedestrian crossing which was still on flashing amber, narrowly missing a woman with a pushchair.

I went on Google, found he was self employed, and left him a Google review saying that if he fixed electrics with the same care that he drives his van, you'd be wise to avoid the careless prick. It's still there, I like to think it might have cost him a job or three.

Anyone wondering why I didn't report it to the Police may have more helpful constabularies than mine - A report to them makes you feel you're more like the suspect. "Oh right sir, driving too fast was he? And what was it exactly that made you think he was driving too fast? Reckless you say? We'll be the judge of "reckless" sir. And do you have film footage of this? No? Why not? And you didn't take the name of this woman with the pushchair? Oh dear. Not a lot we can do, it's your word against his - Might have been different if we'd have seen it sir, but thanks for the call".
The same twits asked via flyers for help following a spate of house burglaries on my estate. Report any suspicious behaviour they said. So a few days later I saw a classic example of "casing" behaviour where a guy dropped off a passenger at the estate entrance, the foot passenger then walked right through the estate looking at houses and into cars, then was picked up by the same van at the other side of the estate. I offered the intel to the Police and it went "Oh I see sir, what makes you think they were up to no good? It's not an offence to go for a walk sir. Not a lot we can do about that, doesn't sound like any offence was committed. Oh you have pictures of the van and the walker? Well we'll log that on the call record sir. What's that, do a 5x5? No we're not aware of what that is, but I'm sure someone will be in touch if CID are interested. Bye".
I've called the police to offer a report of potential criminal behaviour exactly twice in 5 years, and you can probably see why I won't bother again.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
A long time ago I had a run in with a knight of the road that still gives me the fear.

I was driving a small unmarked hire van back to the office which was on an Industrial estate off the M62 near Leeds. It was pretty busy and as I queued on the off slip road I became aware of an artic that had driven down the hatched zone to my right and was now trying to force his way in (it wasn’t ‘filtering’ he’d passed about 200m of stationary traffic). I refused to give way so he started hooting accompanied by a bit of gesticulation and what I lip read to be colourful language. Then the traffic started moving again and I went on my way and didn’t give it another thought... until I got to my destination five minutes later.

To enter the office car park I had to turn off onto a short ramp, and use a fob to open a sliding gate. As I was about to get out I became aware of some thing in my rear view mirror - the truck had followed me all the way there and was now blocking me in. I stayed put while the driver got out and berated me for by bad driving, and when I refused to get out and face him like a real man he repeatedly punched and head butted the drivers window and side of the van. In the end I had to call my boss and ask him to come out and mediate (from inside the gate). Fortunately he got bored at this point, or maybe realised he had somewhere more important to be and left.

Maybe I should have been more polite and let him pull in front of me, but the idea that anyone could get so angry over something so trivial was a real eye opener.
What a choice - open the door hard into the fools cojones, or call the police and claim that hes trying to rob you? "He put his hand in his pocket and said he was going to stab me..."

Badger_Boom

Über Member
What a choice - open the door hard into the fools cojones, or call the police and claim that hes trying to rob you? "He put his hand in his pocket and said he was going to stab me..."
My boss was a bit like Swiss Tony. I think he soft soaped him into submission.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Cracking film... well, in a so bad it's good kind of way. The shameless and relentless speeding up of the wagons suggests the producers accidentally hired milkmen rather than stuntmen :laugh:

Well Sean Connery was a milkman so you're spot on ^_^

1597910783961.png

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
ames, William Hartnell, Gordon Jackson and David McCallum

Have to confess whenever I see him, whatever part he's playing, I see Hudson.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Not just bad driving, crap parking gets me.

1. Drivers automatically mounting the pavement with two wheels. Everyone does it now....:angry:. Was once standing outside shop waiting to cross road, bloke drives along pavement and stops about 6ft from me with a look on his face of 'You're in my way'.

2. Diagonal parking on corners in clear breach of HC. Outside today, spot the lazy parker (just gotta squeeze it in !):
IMG_5180.JPG

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not just bad driving, crap parking gets me.

1. Drivers automatically mounting the pavement with two wheels. Everyone does it now....:angry:. Was once standing outside shop waiting to cross road, bloke drives along pavement and stops about 6ft from me with a look on his face of 'You're in my way'.

2. Diagonal parking on corners in clear breach of HC. Outside today, spot the lazy parker (just gotta squeeze it in !):
View attachment 542674
what's most annoying is when people complain about pavement parking (on FB)... the drivers always justify it by saying "Yehbutt, emergency vehicles need to get past" :stop:

Top Bottom