Bad Losers on Yahoo Chess

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, alright, MSN backgammon, but I can't resist the opportunity to quote Half Man Half Biscuit.
I've just been killing time playing backgammon with some bloke. He beat me in the first game, by a narrow margin, and was looking like doing the same in the second game - the dice were going his way. As soon as they started going my way, and it became obvious I was going to win ... off he went. "Your opponent has logged off". The peanut.:smile:

Mr Pig

Well you won then. He conceded the game.

I used to love playing chess but I don't have anyone to play with now. I remember years ago beating a couple of people who thought they were good, and mouthed off about it. Brilliant feeling. I'm sure they were actually better than me but at the time I was playing every day and that makes a difference.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've had that experience on mario kart wii, where some spoilt bastard has turned his wii off mid race because he's losing.

i don't know how it works these things out, but i've often been in the midfield when the race ends prematurely and been declared the winner. :smile:

maybe it lets everyone win…

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Rife in facebook scrabble apparently (the opponent signs off so as not to affect their winning average). I only play with folk I know, so never had that problem, personally.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Aaah, Facebook Scrabble... top game! If I'm losing and don't want to continue then I resign properly and forfeit the game - sometimes you get lousy letters and there's nothing you can do. No problem with losing a game - can't see why you'd want to slink off and try to forget it ever happened! lol

Mr Pig

johnnyh said:
as long as there are games, there will be cheats.

Yeah. My son sometimes plays with a kid across the road who's a bad looser. Kind of kid who thinks he's wonderful at everything, but isn't very great at anything. I was raging when they were playing racing games on the Play Station and he would jump over and switch it off saying "I am not going to loose" if he was going to. I've managed to 'help' my son realise what a pain he is so he doesn't come over much these days ;0)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
it's all about these people maintaining their rankings etc....

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
alecstilleyedye said:
i've had that experience on mario kart wii, where some spoilt bastard has turned his wii off mid race because he's losing.

i don't know how it works these things out, but i've often been in the midfield when the race ends prematurely and been declared the winner. :whistle:

maybe it lets everyone win…

Not had that but have noticed the amount of finishers has dwindled. Often happens on Rainbow road :biggrin:

Melvil

Sh4rkyBloke said:
Aaah, Facebook Scrabble... top game! If I'm losing and don't want to continue then I resign properly and forfeit the game - sometimes you get lousy letters and there's nothing you can do. No problem with losing a game - can't see why you'd want to slink off and try to forget it ever happened! lol

Me too. I'm on a mammoth two week game with a good mate of mine on facebook and he's pulling ahead with about 30 something tiles to go. I don't think I could resign at this stage as it would be terrible loss of face, but then so would be losing! :whistle:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I will actually go to the end unless I'm over 100 points behind and have 7 vowels (which is a rarety... the 100 points behind bit, not the excessive number of vowels!). I've only conceded 1 game to date... but I've only played a few so far.

Top Bottom