Bad Name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twobiker

I was driving back home yesterday from picking up the eldest from Saturday job and saw a guy on a nice road bike, all the gear on ,he was riding one handed, on the drops,slowly, and dialing on his mobile phone ,behind him he had a queue of about 20 cars, that sort of behaviour just pees people off, why not just stop and make the call ?.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Maybe he was just checking the route on this GPS app on his phone, I do this all the time.

apollo179

Agreed.
If the guy was in primary then i would hope the traffic behind would start tooting horns or yelling abuse out of there windows.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Agreed.
If the guy was in primary then i would hope the traffic behind would start tooting horns or yelling abuse out of there windows.

Why? Maybe it wasn't safe to overtake and he was well in his right to take a strong position on the road.

apollo179

Why? Maybe it wasn't safe to overtake and he was well in his right to take a strong position on the road.

Or maybe it was and thats why twobiker posted in the first place and maybe you should pull over if you want to use your phone rather cycling down the road unnecessarily annoying other traffic.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Or maybe it was and thats why twobiker posted in the first place and maybe you should pull over if you want to use your phone rather cycling down the road unnecessarily annoying other traffic.

Lets not jump to conclusions about the circumstances, you have little knowledge of the situation.

apollo179

Lets not jump to conclusions about the circumstances, you have little knowledge of the situation.

But the whole premise is that there was something unnacceptable otherwise twobiker would not have posted.
Presumably if the cyclist was cycling to acceptable standards twobiker would not have felt compelled to post - maybe twobiker could clarify if he isnt to busy eating pasties.

Bman

Guru
Regardless of if he was just checking his route on his mobile, thats not what it looks like to others.

We can hardly moan at other road users for texting and driving if we (cyclists) are seen doing it too. Even if we are just checking a route, other people who see it happen dont know that.

Bad name my arse. It's not illegal to ride a bike slowly, nor is it illegal to make a phone call when riding a bike. And he wasn't endangering anyone.

If it wasn't possible to overtake him @ slow miles per hour then it was also impossible to overtake him safely at 'normal' cycling speed. So we're talking about a delay of a few seconds (the difference between the speed he was going and the speed you think he should have been going).

Don't you think it would be more productive to turn your attention to the sort of actual dangerous things which happen everyday. By drivers. Because, lets not forget, cyclists kill fewer than 1 persons every year whilst motorists kill 3000+

FFS.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I had a driving lesson at 7pm last night

It was dark and pissing it down - yet there were 2 different cyclists out without any lights or illumination - damn cyclists ;) ...... We as cyclists do need to be a bit more aware at times tbh

Noodley

Is it the fact he was going slow or the fact he was using a phone that is the problem?

Or the fact that the drivers are impatient feckers who think they have a right to dictate the behaviour of other road users?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I can across to stuck up sods riding two a breast yesterday and would not yield even when hooted (I was not driving). Cyclist want recognition on the roads the way they are going about it is just pissing in the face of other roads users – and don't go on about the way they treat us – two wrongs......ect :angry:

apollo179

Bad name my arse. It's not illegal to ride a bike slowly, nor is it illegal to make a phone call when riding a bike. And he wasn't endangering anyone.

If it wasn't possible to overtake him @ slow miles per hour then it was also impossible to overtake him safely at 'normal' cycling speed. So we're talking about a delay of a few seconds (the difference between the speed he was going and the speed you think he should have been going).

Don't you think it would be more productive to turn your attention to the sort of actual dangerous things which happen everyday. By drivers. Because, lets not forget, cyclists kill fewer than 1 persons every year whilst motorists kill 3000+

FFS.

Yes bad name your arse.
You might like to oipen your mind to the fact that cyclists can be at fault - in that way lies correcting erroneous behaviours.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I can across to stuck up sods riding two a breast yesterday and would not yield even when hooted (I was not driving). Cyclist want recognition on the roads the way they are going about it is just pissing in the face of other roads users – and don't go on about the way they treat us – two wrongs......ect

Riding 2-a-breast isn't a "wrong" tho

Top Bottom