Bad Name

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apollo179

Riding 2-a-breast isn't a "wrong" tho
Riding 2 abreats isnt wrong perse - its fine so long as its done respoinsibly but there seem to be endless examples of gangs of selfish cyclists riding x abreast with the attitude f anyone else. Not good.
But (like anything legal) done responsibly and in the appropriate circumstances its fine .

Noodley

So who decides when it becomes irresponsible and inappropriate to ride 2 abreast?

And where are these endless examples of riding x abreast? I am imagining that x is greater than 2.

apollo179

So who decides when it becomes irresponsible and inappropriate to ride 2 abreast?

And where are these endless examples of riding x abreast? I am imagining that x is greater than 2.

The individual decides - were rely in this regard on the individuals intelligence and his/her inclination to cycling with courtesy and consideration to other traffic.
Obviously i cant be bothered to compile a list of examples for you but heres a recent topic illustrating how the practice became such a problem that the police had to take action.
https://www.cyclechat.net/

Noodley

What if my considerate and appropriate is the motorists inconsiderate and inappropriate? That leads to hooting. Who is right?

Usually the w'ker behind you or on Thursday night the W'ker beside us. I popped out for a bit of late training with club we came to a multi lane rbt, we were in the left lane and we had to give to few cars. A few moments later biatch drove up next to us in the outside lane turning right but still slowed down to beep and mouth of to us :rolleyes:

Hip Priest

Veteran
Personally, I don't advise using a phone whilst cycling, but it's difficult to see how someone could hold traffic up by using a phone.

OP
OP
twobiker

twobiker

But the whole premise is that there was something unnacceptable otherwise twobiker would not have posted.
Presumably if the cyclist was cycling to acceptable standards twobiker would not have felt compelled to post - maybe twobiker could clarify if he isnt to busy eating pasties.
Very fast section of A road cyclist rode straight past pull in and carried on.... pasty shop closed.

OP
OP
twobiker

twobiker

Personally, I don't advise using a phone whilst cycling, but it's difficult to see how someone could hold traffic up by using a phone.
the guy was riding slowly so that he could use his phone, its about consideration for other road users, not the legality of phone use, unless he was going at 60mph he would hold up traffic on that stretch of road, unlikely.and if anyone wants to ride primary with a car coming up your ass at 60mph then carry on .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Riding 2 abreats isnt wrong perse - its fine so long as its done respoinsibly but there seem to be endless examples of gangs of selfish cyclists riding x abreast with the attitude f anyone else. Not good.
But (like anything legal) done responsibly and in the appropriate circumstances its fine .

Complete utter tosh.
I ride a shed load of miles every year and hardly ever see this.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've never seen it tbh

That's because the majority of group/club riders are very aware of how they ride on the public highways and ride and act accordingly. I can't remember the last time I saw Cyclists riding side by side in a selfish manner as to wind up motorists.

Top Bottom