Bad News - lets be careful out there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tynan said:
Considering how many cyclists and cars there are out there every day, I'm surprised how few are killed, lots of people die in accidents every single day, we chose to pick out some as sad or remarkable

If someone is stood on the pavement holding a bike, I suggest they aren't cyclists at that moment, they could as easily have been holding a shopping trolley

If you believe that there is no such thing as an accident (or at least there are very few) then it is important to learn from what has happened and to ensure that it can't happen again. Therefore, I think it is very important for us all to pay attention to these incidents so that maybe we can prevent them in the future.

At the same time I think it is important to display compassion for what has occurred. We are after all connected in our love of cycling.

simonali

Guru
Tynan said:
at least the person fixing a puncture is on the road I assume? they certainly shouldn't be if they are

just making the point that someone holding a bike on the pavement might as well be a pedestrian, could be anyone, the car mounting pavement isn't discriminating

strictly speaking you need to be on a bike and cycling to be a cyclist at the time

otherwise I'm a cyclist when I'm asleep in bed I presume?

They were in the road, as far as I know. There isn't a pavement along most of the road where they were knocked down. It's a lane with a fast speed limit and although I don't know why they had stopped and dismounted, one can only assume mechanical trouble?

Tynan

Veteran
ah, sorry, I've misread then, I did say 'if they were on the pavement'

dangerous place to be though isn't it, stationary on a busy and fast road

Top Bottom