Bad roads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TWBNK

My commute to work is well planned to avoid a particularly bad road, it is one that I drive down regularly and as a result of driving down it I had decided to never cycle down it. However yesterday I cycled in to work from a different starting point which meant that this road was right in between where I was coming from and where I was going to. I took the plunge thinking that I should experience this road at least once.

Out of interest are there any sounds more un nerving than that of the intermittent skidding of tyres as a car with ABS is rapidly catching up with you?

Never again.

Al

dudi

ohh, that sound is enough to make your arse eat your saddle isn't it?

Had it a few times this winter when people decide they'll overtake me on a blind corner, in the rain, then think beter of it & slam on the brakes.

If there is one thing in this world that truly terrifies me, it is the sound of a skidding car coming from behind... be it in a car or on a bike...

TWBNK said:
Out of interest are there any sounds more un nerving than that of the intermittent skidding of tyres as a car with ABS is rapidly catching up with you?

Al

Yes, the sound of locked wheels as the car behind dosn't have abs

LOGAN 5

I was cycling along a fairly busy country road last year when a small van behind the car behind me slammed on his brakes and skidded, crashing into the car which had just decided to abort a bad overtaking manoeuvre. All I could hear of course was a skidding of tyres and a crash which left me waiting to be hit by something. I wasn't thankfully. The car driver got taken off to hospital for a check up.

Same thing a few years back when I heard skidding tyres and a crash to find the car behind had smashed his wing mirror into oncoming traffic whilst trying to overtake me - scary.

Top Bottom