Bag smell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I've often washed my rucksacks on a 30° with no issues

Arfcollins

Soft southerner.
Washing soda. Most smells from body exudations are fatty acids, so they need to be neutralised with an alkali. Discovered this years ago when the kids used to spill their milk in the car carpets.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Washing soda. Most smells from body exudations are fatty acids, so they need to be neutralised with an alkali. Discovered this years ago when the kids used to spill their milk in the car carpets.

ooh that's a tip . My Dad's mate spilt milk in his car, which duly stank and next time they met, was asked "did you manage to get rid of the smell". "Yes", he replied. "How?" "I sold the car", though I'm not sure how he got anyone to buy it. I did similar and ended up dumping the carpets

Arfcollins

Soft southerner.
ooh that's a tip . My Dad's mate spilt milk in his car, which duly stank and next time they met, was asked "did you manage to get rid of the smell". "Yes", he replied. "How?" "I sold the car", though I'm not sure how he got anyone to buy it. I did similar and ended up dumping the carpets
I suspect that Febreze is slightly alkaline for the same reason, but I don't have a lab available to me these days to test that. Any chemists out there?