Bah humbug - off again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
After 20 years with a clean sheet, as some of you know we slid gracefully sideways on the tandem on a patch of black ice on the way to the Friday's Christmas ride.

This afternoon I was coming down the hill from Chesham tube station on the Brompton and found a pothole as I was trying to work out how to negotiate getting off the road to walk down against a one-way street. Because I was going very slowly I didn't come out the other end.

No damage to self, but I'm more shaken up than I expected. The bike needs attention - the brakes are sticking and the wobbly hinge I was going to take a look at is now more wobbly. And my trousers are a complete write-off. Walking into a solicitor's office with a large tear in my clothes was interesting.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
You should take more water with it ....

D

Deleted member 1258

I remember having not had a off in about 12 years I had a year when I went down 3 times, twice in the middle of a pack, I hope there no major damage.

OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'll need to go out and look at the bike properly later. It looks as if one of the rear carrier struts is a bit bent - I've got a spare. The rear brakes are binding in a way they shouldn't and the front wheel's been knocked a bit out of true. My biggest concern is over the rear hinge - to look at that I've got to work out how to take the chainwheel off, which might be interesting.

I've got a very small bruise on my leg.

Top Bottom