Bailed on a club ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Club ride today I was playing the usual mugs game of helping out by taking my turn on the front which turene out to be everyone wheelsucking till a hill then blasting past .
After 12 miles of this I was dropped again so I just stopped and turned around for a solo ride,no one has yet contacted me even Though it's a no drop ride.
Left facefluff and WhatsApp club pages as tbh this happens most weeks and I cant go on like this

D

Deleted member 26715

Find a new club or ride solo, it's supposed to be for fun, if it isn't then don't do it.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Club ride today I was playing the usual mugs game of helping out by taking my turn on the front which turene out to be everyone wheelsucking till a hill then blasting past .
After 12 miles of this I was dropped again so I just stopped and turned around for a solo ride,no one has yet contacted me even Though it's a no drop ride.
Left facefluff and WhatsApp club pages as tbh this happens most weeks and I cant go on like this
I was missing at a regrouping of our local club run and they sent out s search party, phoned me and phoned home to check I was ok. As another rider had led me down the wrong road I felt both thankful for their vigilance and embarrassed at the same time!

This is the standard that all clubs should adhere to.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Start your own. Think up a snappy name. Meet at the same place and time each week.

I guess FB might work for this ?

Typical tribal clubby behaviour. There aren’t many ‘clubs’ that aren’t like this in my experience. Some try and pretend to be all ‘nicey nicey’ but they are pretty much all the same in the end. ‘Tree house politics’ and the like really makes me laugh.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
was ride leader for months and no one turns up. maybe the odd one or two .
Today as the Saturday rides were cancelled due to the weather they all turn up today and from the meet point i felt like an outsider.

was ride leader for months and no one turns up. maybe the odd one or two .
Today as the Saturday rides were cancelled due to the weather they all turn up today and from the meet point i felt like an outsider.
If you’re leading, you have to be part regimental sergeant major, part circus performer. The ratio changes, dependant on the group.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
That doesn't sound like good club behaviour - mine's definately not like that. Well, a very small number of riders are and they've found themselves isolated and only go on unofficial club rides together. The 'no drop' rides definately are no drop and every ride I can think that's run wouldn't want to do this.

My suggestion: find an alternative, if there is one locally to you. Edit: I've checked and there are several options.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
I rarely go out on a group ride. I expect to get dropped nowadays, especially as I'm giving away 50 yrs on some of the younger riders.

But when I do, I will avoid pace setting and take shelter at the back and be ready for the KOM's.

avsd

Guru
New club required. Mine only behaves similarly 5 mile from finish which is fairly reasonable. We have pushed guys with stuck freehub for 15 mile once. Fair amount of slagging and verbal abuse but no one is abandoned on a ride

Top Bottom