Baker's Cysts behind the knees.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I get these mildly from time to time, the latest episode was caused, I think, either by wearing knee-length tights which are, er, tight around the tops of the calves or by seeking out steep hills and mashing up. Whatever the reason, synovial fluid squeezes out and forms a soft tender lump behind the knee.

The left knee is by far the worst and I think that could be because its always been unstable since I tore something many years ago while climbing. I've never had it diagnosed though. Last night I wore a compression bandage on that knee and this morning it feels better. Got an appointment to see the Dr on Weds, he's a runner and is into sport medicine but in the meantime, has anybody else any experience of this condition and living or dealing with it?

(It's especially frustrating because I got the Spring off to a really good start with a trip to South Africa and I'm already fitter than ever before, now I've bought some new wheels from AlanW on here and I'm desperate to try them!)

postman

Legendary Member
Good luck with that prob .It can be sorted i had that before the cartlidge went .But it's seven years ago .And that knee is now the stronger of the two .So don't despair.It could be a long tme till it settles down but it does .

postman

Legendary Member
I did for a torn cartlidge

It's such a long time ago that i can't remember the full treatment .But i think the fluid from the tear caused the bakers cyst.

Top Bottom