Baking disasters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
This is all 'taking shape' now Kirstie...the whipped cream, ginger nuts and the vociferous anti-neighbour 'device' you have...:biggrin:

I oven got any baking disaster stories, even though I'm a regulo contributor...;)

Not true, Ape. Your current puns are a disaster:biggrin:

:biggrin: - rich, have a biscuit...10/10! (must get my head around the Guardian x word and raise my game ;))

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have got some desicrated coconut to use up, and some dark choc that is too dark, and bitter. I will be making pancakes later, and melting the chocolate and adding the coconut.

At about three million calories per pancake, what should I call them?
And who would like some?

You might need to tell me what you would do in exchange for pancakes.;)

:thumbsup: < me reading the recipe :sad::tongue:

Globalti

Legendary Member
My wife made me some flapjack to eat on a Polaris. Unfortunately the paper got stuck to the underneath so I ended up eating that as well. Next day I went to the bog SIX times - extremely, er, productivley too. Must have been the roughage from the paper.

Arch

Married to Night Train
colly said:
Well it really was an easy mistake to make.
No REALLY it was…………….Listen I am telling you it WAS.

So in the freezer we had some white fish in plastic bags. Also in the freezer there were some marinated salmon pieces which had been left over from a few weeks ago. The salmon was already cut into rough chunks. You know what the colour of salmon is don’t you? Sort of pinky, and this having been marinated it had a kind of brownish hue.
WELL…unbeknownst to me also in the freezer were a few bags of chopped apples…….which has …..yes, a brownish hue.

Easy mistake to make I tell you easy.

Oh, I see, yes, that's an easy mistake to make. I wondered if you'd accidentally peeled an apple instead of filleting a fish, or something...:smile:

My other half has just had a baking disaster of the most evil kind.
He made a fantastic guinness and chocolate cake for him and his colleagues to eat while they're working on a corporate roadshow for the next few days.
They left the cake tin with all the flightcases in the event venue, and the bloomin' hotel staff took the tin and threw it away, thinking it was rubbish. He's gutted. It was a lovely cake and the ingredients cost nearly 10 quid. It was going to sustain them through the small hours for the next few days.

Top Bottom