Baldie-Blokes!

would you want to be cured of baldness

• oh yes. Being shiny on top is no fun and really cold in winter

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • No way, man, I pity those hairy blokes with their low sperm counts

Votes: 31 75.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I remember standing in front of a mirror in my early twenties panicking and thinking "oh sh!t, I'm going bald."

I don't really care now. I used to have an extremely thick head of hair that was impossible to manage, even though I never wore it long. It's much easier to manage now, takes seconds to wash, I keep it very short so no need to comb it. I prefer it like that. No Bobby Charlton comb overs for me. I've never actually gone bald as such, my hairline just receded a good bit and it thinned out, all in my early twenties. It's remained the same ever since, although I'm sure it will go someday. In the meantime, friends who laughed back then at my receding hairline now wish they had hair on the top of their heads like I do!

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Baldness is a sign of virility. I have never suited hair and I am happy to be bald. I started going bald at 19. When my hairline started to recede, I was panicking, which probably accelerated the whole process, but now I like it. I usually have a number 0.5 when I go to the barbers.

Here is me last year, age 29 with my fiancéein the Dominican Republi.

Attachments

• 36009_10150215659170577_657870576_13243872_488966_n.jpg
    36009_10150215659170577_657870576_13243872_488966_n.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 28

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have an old photo of my dad, showing that he was effectively a 'slappy' in his mid twenties. As was my brother. I've made it to late 40s with a fair amount of receding, but only just starting to go asround the crown. I've had a number three haircut for the last 20 years or so, I think.

While the 70s option for balding chaps (the Bobby Charlton) wasn't ideal (xx( ) some also find the modern alternative (the very short haircut) equally restricting. Skinheads used to be scary. Now every 2nd bloke looks like one. ^_^
If I had the option of growing luxuriant locks again, through the use of a magic pill, I would. But I'd keep it short.
icon_lol.gif

martynjc1977

Veteran
I prefer been bald, started loosing it at 17 and been properly shaving i.e. Gillette from 20. saved me hundreds in hair products lol

No. 1 does it for me (except in the winter when I have a no. 2) and have done since the mid 90s.

I had a mate at school who was LITERALLY terrified of going bald (his dad was bald most of his adult life) and dreaded being a spamhead. Through the 80s we had mullets but he was always very careful about the way he 'placed' his hair!

I haven't seen him for about 15 years now, but the last time I met him, he was very happy to see that my temples were receding, and his hair was still 'placed' very neatly.

I said that I didn't give a toss about it, whereas I told him, that it had worried him most of his life, which he reluctantly admitted!

I also had another mate, who was proud of his full mane of hair and laughed at my receding temples: I said that I was going to die at some stage in the future, and that didn't worry me either!

Some care about it, others don't! Each to their own, so why not let each and every one decide what is right for them?

MarkF

Guru
Some care about it, others don't! Each to their own, so why not let each and every one decide what is right for them?

I have friend, he had transplant in the mid '90's, at 50 his fridge is full of Regaine, he must have spent over 20 years worrying and moaning about going bald, it gets on my nerves. The transplant is very obvious, especially since most of the hair that was originally around it has now gone, it's weird.....I call him "Doll head".
:biggrin:

Jezston

Über Member
I work with a bloke who used to find it funny making a joke of my thinning hair - although he refused to listen to me saying it's been like that since I was 16.

He is now 31 and well on the way to cultivating a nice bald patch of his own..........[smile]

And I am just as thin haired as I was........[smiles more]

Ha! I've had similar comments throughout my adult life. I have an enormous head and fairly thin hair with a high hairline, and have had comments since the age of 17 or so joking that I'm going bald. Funny when I see those same people who mocked me for balding many years on now properly bald themselves and me still the same!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Grade zero every 2 weeks for me, hides the bald patch and eliminates the need of a comb / brush

Top Bottom