Baldie-Blokes!

would you want to be cured of baldness

• oh yes. Being shiny on top is no fun and really cold in winter

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • No way, man, I pity those hairy blokes with their low sperm counts

Votes: 31 75.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Your comments are noted.

Norm

Tough decision to make!
Only if you consider baldness to be a "problem".

If you consider it to be something genetic, something which is the "fault" of your parents much like your town of birth or the colour of your skin, then it's not that tough at all.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
but since I've discovered that women don't seem to mind one way or the other about baldness and some of them actually prefer it, it doesn't bother me anymore.

That's what I was going to say - but if you are going bald - then the short look rather than the comb-over "what me I've a full head of hair" looks good. I really don't have a problem with men with bald heads (which is good since Mr SD is definitely thinning on top!!).

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I work with a bloke who used to find it funny making a joke of my thinning hair - although he refused to listen to me saying it's been like that since I was 16.

He is now 31 and well on the way to cultivating a nice bald patch of his own..........[smile]

And I am just as thin haired as I was........[smiles more]

OK, shall we pose another question along similar (offensive) lines?

Yeah you lot, having to use make up to cover that ugly birth mark.

If there was a painless, cheap cure for your condition, would you take advantage of it?

Not quite so "funny" now is it?

If Dell had used words like "ugly", and stated that people should hide their baldness, then possibly I'd agree that some people might see that as offensive.
However, he didn't.

Remove "ugly" from your alternative wording and also stating that people with birth marks have to wear make up,
and it simply becomes an enquiry, just like Dell's original post.

MarkF

Guru
Yeah, I'd take the treatment. If only to have the option of a change of hairstyle every now and again.

That's it. Started thinning at the crown at 40 so had a number 2. Sometimes I'll have a number 1, feeling jaunty I might have number 2 down to a 1, but............bloody hell, I am sick of seeing the "same" head. Nowt to do with vanity (might have been if I was 20) but it'd be great to have a different hairstyle now an again. Not like Wagner tho'...........

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
I can still remember the day when I was 23, I was combing my hair in the kitchen. It was a bright day and it was quite early so the sun was low and shining into the south facing window. I remember thinking "That sun is bright today, I can see my skull head through my hair... Hang on a minute!!!"

I had always had thin hair, but it was now thin and thinning. Bugger.

2 years of denial and I could no longer deny it, Im going to be a slap head. It became more noticable and I started getting a ribbing from my work mates. Although I laughed it of I would have prefered not to have recieved it. Any-hoo, one day at lunch at work the ribbing was becoming a bit too much and constant so I struck back with a verbal outlash...

"You lot are taking the mick out of my hair??? Gaz, your going grey and it looks like a wig. Dave, yours looks like its been used to mop up a badly organised oil change. John, yours looks like its been painted on. Simon, There shouldnt be living things in it, yours has nests in it!. Ian, its been a long time since a Keegan perm was seen but respect to you for keeping it alive. Hannah, you hair looks lovely and smell nice too. Sid, spikes belong on teenagers in the late 80s. And you lot take the mick out of me??? Do you realise that you all sound like you should be on "Queer eye". OK, so Im not going to be the star of a Vidal Sassoon advert but so f*cking what? I hope you all really enjoy have dead chains of protien growing out of your skulls."

The next day I had grade 3 all over and never got another mention of it again.

As of right now If I could take a £10 pill to reverse baldness I dont think I would. However, I would take a £10 pill to stop what I have left growing so fast I would. The less you have, the more often it needs a trim.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
numero uno all over job done, the wife hates my hair to short says it makes my baldness worse?? Got a widows peak going on so more receding hair line than anything else. My Dad however used to have the Bobby Charlton hair do till I told him best to cut it short. :smile:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Oh sorry. Perhaps I should have labelled going bald as funny. That would be ok then.
Bald can be funny. I know. From long experience. On the other hand, it can be sexy. You've not lived until women run their hands across your no. 1 in a kind of gentle, reflective kind of way. Saying, as they do so, 'mmmmmm....'

You should give it a go. Take the plunge. Go to a good barbers and get down and baldy. It'll make a man of you.

Top Bottom