Ball bearing sizes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
It would be my fear that more bearings would fit the circumference of the races fine, but not their depth, either depth of the original race top to bottom, nor center to outer edge.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4066765, member: 45"]Sat on a steel rule they look to be 5/32. But I don't trust my eyesight. @biggs682 ?[/QUOTE]

just buy a micrometer - maybe £20 tops for or a moore & wright or mitutoyo 2nd hand off fleabay.

lpretro1

You can buy a whole new headset for £20 - and why waste money on a micrometer when you can pop to the lbs and have the problem solved

Profpointy

Legendary Member
You can buy a whole new headset for £20 - and why waste money on a micrometer when you can pop to the lbs and have the problem solved

Why waste money on a kettle, when you can buy a cup of tea for two quid.

Umm, how t-f are you supposed to measure small things without a micrometer?

Tim Hall

The last time I had ball bearings that needed measuring the LBS had a nifty steel ruler with a series of holes in it. Match the ball bearing to the snug fitting hole and read the size engraved beneath it.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 4068772, member: 45"]Thanks, I ordered the very thing earlier today.[/QUOTE]
I got one, you never know when the need to measure balls arises :laugh:
Joking aside, I have used it to buy new headset bearings for an old bike, it all worked fine :smile:

Top Bottom