Bananas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Thinking about the carbon footprint malarky.

Would it not be more economical to just build a big green house and Grow banana's in the UK rather than importing them?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
walker said:
Thinking about the carbon footprint malarky.

Would it not be more economical to just build a big green house and Grow banana's in the UK rather than importing them?

It would have to be a green house the size of Essex to keep up with demand in this country.

OP
OP
walker

walker

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
It would have to be a green house the size of Essex to keep up with demand in this country.

true, but if there was a big enough one just to cope with at least 5% surely thats better than nothing?

Maz

Guru
Bananas were recently voted Britain's most popular fruit, so FFFF may well be right.

4F

walker said:
true, but if there was a big enough one just to cope with at least 5% surely thats better than nothing?

I should add that I work for a shipping company so I have a vested interest in moving stuff from country to another.

OP
OP
walker

walker

I should add that I work for a shipping company so I have a vested interest in moving stuff from country to another.

Maybe work on the export rather than the import side, you can start with Peckham :biggrin:

**I will point out this is a tongue in cheek joke, not a racist remark**

4F

Exports is more of my field than imports. Where do you want it moved to ? We operate a service to Russia so I could probably get it as far as the Ural Mountains :biggrin:

OP
OP
walker

walker

Exports is more of my field than imports. Where do you want it moved to ? We operate a service to Russia so I could probably get it as far as the Ural Mountains :biggrin:

I don't think the locals to Peckham are used to cold Climates.

Top Bottom