Bang! Chain in spokes!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Tel

Veteran
Thats the problem with taking pictures Joe it can look spot on in some pics and way out in others depending upon the angle. When I look down the top tube the chain line seems to follow the same line.

As I explained in my post above it appears that the chain link is the culprit for this incident. I sincerely hope it is because I am getting nervous about getting back on it and still have to sort out a new front wheel. I've got a wheel on my good bike that I can use but if it suffered the same fate I'd be gutted...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Tel said:
Thats the problem with taking pictures Joe it can look spot on in some pics and way out in others depending upon the angle. When I look down the top tube the chain line seems to follow the same line.

As I explained in my post above it appears that the chain link is the culprit for this incident. I sincerely hope it is because I am getting nervous about getting back on it and still have to sort out a new front wheel. I've got a wheel on my good bike that I can use but if it suffered the same fate I'd be gutted...

Use a quick link to join then.
Its another outer split in half. One side has 2 pins on which joins the chain, you then put another plate over this and then clip another bit ontop of that. This stops any weak links. You normaly get them with the chains you buy.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i also wouldn't recommend riding fixed with those pedals either…

a clipless (preferable) or at least toe-clip equipped set of pedals will prevent your feet coming off the pedal and getting whacked by the crank, especially when you're spinning away downhill.

RedBike

It's just impossible to tell from the photo if the chainline is straight or not. On the third photo is almost looks like the tyres too wide for the frame. I guess this is just the camera angle again.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Ive rode fixed with flat before. Not gone far or fast though. Going up hill will be a bitch though i would of thought! No way to pull.
I also learnt how to skid with just normal shoes on.
Take one foot off and try and catch the pedal on the top of your foot when it goes around and lock it:becool:
Did it a few times, but you have to get it right.

Top Bottom