Bangernomics with a (good) twist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
DIL through necessity drives sheds, her current car a Kia Rio 2009 cost £800 and while the engine is ok, it's a shed and with the MOT coming up, I can see £200 needed before she even starts.
By luck, a friend is selling a 2007 Chevrolet Kalos 3dr 1.2 for £600 ....but the kicker is, it's only done 28K genuine miles. Bloomin thing is like new Inside, the engine bay is spotless, it drives like almost new although the bodywork has some light scratches but nothing as bad to her current car.
It's even got a sticker in the engine bay that states the cam belt was changed at 24k , I guess as its reached 10 years, that would be the driving factor.
I suspect it was a little old ladies car who just did what the garage recommended.

Deal done, pick it up Thursday when shes got her insurance etc sorted. Just got to sort out how shes going to pay us back now...but 28k miles, it's ridiculous, too good to miss which is why I was happy to step in and get the deal done.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Super deal.

Reactions: gbb

MarkF

Guru
It's a Daewoo isn't it?

There are incredible cars to be had for peanuts right now. I bought a 2005 Honda FRV for £800. I serviced it and it's done 1500 miles in 2 months moving my mum and stuff around for the kids at uni, Hull & Lincoln. I was doing the M62 trail again this morning at 75mph in 6th gear at 2500rpm in silence and thinking, wow £800!

Top Bottom