Bank account robbed!! Anyone else

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
An exaggeration but some how a couple of sites managed to take money out of my account.
I would say about £120 in total on 5 occasions.
I don't use this account much as it's one I opened for a deal. I am keeping it open so I can move for the next deal....if there ever is one.
An example

CENTROHELP.EU +491573599305 CY 10.790000 USD at 1.21783
Plus non sterling fee transaction. Twice differing amounts. Didn't spot it for 2 weeks. Rung up and they cancelled my card and refunded me.
Then another 3 more.
2 on the day they cancelled the card and one the day after.
An example:-
Wix.Com, Inc. 415-6399034 US 19.200000 USD at 1.25819.
All 3 were repayed without me ringing apart from transaction fees. So I had to ring up again.
I don't use the a account apart from transferring in and out £100 every month.
I have used the card once 3 months ago in the pub.
I have one standing order to a building society.
How did they manage it?
I don't believe they got my card...well it seems unlikely.
The centrohelp has trustpilot feedback saying they do this alot.
Wix.com "looks" like a legit website for creating websites.

Anyone had something similar?
Anyone know how they achieve it.
First time for me.
Clever in my opinion.
£

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Notafettler

Whoops just checked wix on Trust pilot.
Seems some people are unhappy with there service!!
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.wix.com
Still don't see how a sort of legitimate site got money out of my account.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have you used the account with any on-line web sites ? Wiggle has lost a load of customer data again recently.

I got hit on a personal account whilst on holiday - it's never used on-line, I just get cash or use card in shops. Got hit after a withdrew some cash from the hotelsh machine. A big Next order - got flagged as I never shop on line at next - had to phone the bank from the beach.

OP
OP
N

Notafettler

Have you used the account with any on-line web sites ? Wiggle has lost a load of customer data again recently.

I got hit on a personal account whilst on holiday - it's never used on-line, I just get cash or use card in shops. Got hit after a withdrew some cash from the hotelsh machine. A big Next order - got flagged as I never shop on line at next - had to phone the bank from the beach.
Nope never used it except occasionally to take money out of an atm and once in the pub. So how they got to me no idea. The Wix one was set up as a regular payment from my account.

Top Bottom