Bank charges and how to recoup them

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
You only need to write a letter asking for the overcharging to be given back to you,but it normally ends up with your account being closed.

So you won't mind paying for every single transaction carried out in the future, once people who can't manage their finances are able to reclaim charges?

domtyler

Über Member
Stick on a Giant said:
So you won't mind paying for every single transaction carried out in the future, once people who can't manage their finances are able to reclaim charges?

Er, you can claim them back because they are illegal. Are you suggesting that people should accept being whacked with illegal charges in order to safeguard the billions made in profit each year by the high street banks?

k-dog

yenrod said:
Ive found my bank RBS 'usually' gives back or cancels charges.

Yeah, but eventually they do it and say that's the last time they're ever giving you money back so if they charge you again in the future you're stuck.

K-dog - so you are saying that despite having read the terms and conditions of what you signed up to, you want to complain about the bits that don't suit you!
When will people be prepared to take responsibility for their actions?

domtyler

Über Member
Stick on a Giant said:
K-dog - so you are saying that despite having read the terms and conditions of what you signed up to, you want to complain about the bits that don't suit you!

If I write a contract with someone and they accept it but in my fine print I have hidden somewhere that if they fail to pay on time then I can kill their first born, would that be acceptable to you?

Bigtallfatbloke

Bank 'charges' are just the tip of th eiceberg. Most peeps dont even think about the fact that by putting money in their bank they are taking the real earning power of that cash and giving it to the bank to grow fat on. I despise banks and th euk financial nstitutions who for the most part are a bunch of crooks imho.

domtyler

Über Member
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Bank 'charges' are just the tip of th eiceberg. Most peeps dont even think about the fact that by putting money in their bank they are taking the real earning power of that cash and giving it to the bank to grow fat on. I despise banks and th euk financial nstitutions who for the most part are a bunch of crooks imho.

Don't be nasty to the banks you horrid man you'll upset Stick on a Giant! ;);)

Dom, I'll only get upset if I have to start paying for my banking transactions. If anyone thinks the banks won't find another way of keeping their profits up if bank charges have to be reduced they need to wake up.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
errr, where do you put your cash then?

*puts on black outfit and balaclava and arms himself with A-Z and BTFB's address.

col

Legendary Member
Stick on a Giant said:

MM sounds like a bank manager?So how much would you say is fair to charge you,if your wages went in late and you were a few pence short of a debit?

col

Legendary Member
Stick on a Giant said:
Dom, I'll only get upset if I have to start paying for my banking transactions. If anyone thinks the banks won't find another way of keeping their profits up if bank charges have to be reduced they need to wake up.

And how much profit is that?They charge interest on loans,they get interest investing your money,for a small comeback for you ,for letting them.So now they are rumbled with the illegally over inflated charges,your saying they might try overcharging on something else possibly?This is probably why the competition for less charges and more interest,and no illegally massive charges,if you overlook something, is used by others,to try and get your bussiness.

Top Bottom