Bank Holiday Holland!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Thanks for the warning, Helen. I've heard about the balance thing and am keeping an eye out for it. All okay at the moment!!

Rich P - a scary number of people are asking that. I think he's just going to be enormous though...

U

User169

Cathryn said:
Delfste Post, could you send me your number and if I head that way I'll def give you a ring! If that's applegeback met slagroom in that photo, that's my primary reason for going to Holland :laugh:

It certainly is appelgebak! Number on its way to you.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Had a FAB time in Holland!!! The place is perfect for pregnant cycling - amazing bike paths, well sign posted...I had a blast. Ir was my first solo tour as well (the husband was off hiking) and it was brilliant, I really loved it!!! I did 62 miles yesterday and it was pretty much easy!

CGOAB journal going up in the next week or so but thank you so much to everyone who advised and for Snorri for my maps!! You stopped me getting lost many a time...Delftse Post, I headed to Amsterdam that final day instead of Delft so didn't come and see you.

Would well recommend Holland - I've always discounted it really as being too flat etc but it's a gorgeous country, inhabited by wonderful people and serving up truly the best apple cake EVER!!! Def going back next summer with the baby in his trailer - it's perfect for sprogs!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sounds good. I'll check out your CGOAB when you get round to it. I met a Dutch chap in Italy this year who mapped out what he thought would be a good tour of Holland for us so any advice welcomed.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
Totally agree....it's other people's faces that make me giggle!!! All the doctors, midwives and nurses who I've been seeing lately have been nothing but supportive!! Other people are most concerned!!

This is my current favourite pregnancy photo....have bike, have bump, have sunshine...life is good...

wuqwxh.jpg

What a lovely picture! Just about everything you could wish for...

I'm so going to get to Holland soon. Well, soonish.

Cathryn, you are looking so healthy in that shot, pregnancy seems to suit you. Enjoy the tour.

Domestique

Über Member
Cathryn said:
I've done a short journal of the trip...attached below if anyone's interested. LOVED Holland.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3Tzut&doc_id=5899&v=3c

What a lovely wright up C :biggrin:
We where in Holland at the beggining of July for a two week camping tour by bike. Like you we where completely relaxed from the moment we rolled off the ferry at the Hoek. A truly stunning country for cycling.
Btw seeing a family roll up at campsite, all on bikes with trailer, camping gear etc, was a very regular sight ;)
Cant wait for next summer to go back.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Thanks for the comments guys!!! It was a great weekend, want to go back!!

Domestique, yep...Holland's amazing for the whole cycling-family thing, isn't it. I was so impressed.

Phil, I've been so lucky with my health during my pregnancy, I've actually really enjoyed it although I'll be glad when it's all over. Thanks for the confidence in my mothering abilities....stage one's plan is just to keep the poor child alive!

Top Bottom