Bank Holiday Weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Vikeonabike said:
Gareth,
Flying BoP, making mead....you should be in re-enactment.....

Going to have my first try at making mead this summer....

My new business; Cargo Cycles also does historical metal work, along with metal work for Avian and Canine purposes notably husky Dog wheeled racing rigs and BOP perches, etc.

So if you want any banner pole spikes, etc. Drop me a PM :biggrin:

My friend has a concession stand at the Peterborough re-enactment this weekend .... Wild dutch mushroom munchies ... ... tell him Gareth sent you and ask for a sample of Pendragon flavoured munchies ... that is the recipe that I invented and developed.

longers

Legendary Member
The mushrooms sound interesting Gareth, as does the metalwork. Good luck with your business.

Edit: I'll be at work sat and mon and trying to rest a bit on sunday.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Gardening, chilling, and a 'gentle' 20 mile ride - still got trouble with my ribs following a fall on holiday (and no I hadn't been drinking - water fights with kids are lethal you know).....

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I will be travelling over to the Isle of Wight for the annual 100k Randonee. I believe a few others from the forum will be there also.:biggrin:

U

User169

Friday, I shall mainly be....

queens-day-2.jpg

longers said:
The mushrooms sound interesting Gareth, as does the metalwork. Good luck with your business.

Edit: I'll be at work sat and mon and trying to rest a bit on sunday.

Here is the link to my friend's Mushroom munchies, also beef jerky, and absolutely gorgeous fruit scrolls .... ... they would make a fantastic cycling snack as 10-15 minutes after eating one you experience one helluva an energy rush.

http://www.wilddutch.co.uk/page_1225993473696.html

Helly79

I hope everyone has great bank holiday, good luck with your new business Gareth. Iam not sure what I will be doing but as my hubby has recovered from M.E we may go on a long cycle ride together. :biggrin:

I'm going cycling on Saturday with one friend, and then going up to Bakewell on Sunday to meet another friend for some hill walking and more cycling.

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Gareth said:
Here is the link to my friend's Mushroom munchies, also beef jerky, and absolutely gorgeous fruit scrolls .... ... they would make a fantastic cycling snack as 10-15 minutes after eating one you experience one helluva an energy rush.

http://www.wilddutch.co.uk/page_1225993473696.html

Deep intake of breath...competition for Martins Jerked Meats and Suzies fruity bits...... Not sure if I can take the risk of Mr Cowley catching me partaking in someone else's merchandise....
Will pop over and see him and try your mushroom recipe...
Vike

It is a 'European' weekend in rugby - Heineken Cup and Challenge Cup semi-finals this weekend, so I get to enjoy 4 games of rugby on the telly, plus 2 stages of the Tour of Romandy and I don't have to do anything else at all, all weekend.

Unfortunately, I do have to run a marathon on Monday morning, so I'll need all the rest I can get!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I saw a nice looking ride in Cycle Active, up St Ives way, so I shall get the train up and give it a whirl. I hope the ride is better than the travel instructions though - they talk about the train station in St Ives. It's not had one since 1970.

Saturday is the Devon Air Ambulance charity ride for me ... 26 miles and about 9 pubs on route if any one else fancys it ? meeting at the otter inn weston near Honiton for 10.00am

simon

Top Bottom