Bank Holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just wait until we get 4 more......

St David's Day on 1 March, St Patrick's Day on 17 March, St George's Day on 23 April and St Andrew's Day on 30 November.

All on dates when the weather is likely to be less than perfect - a better idea might be to give us every Monday in July off instead!

Just wait until we get 4 more......

St David's Day on 1 March, St Patrick's Day on 17 March, St George's Day on 23 April and St Andrew's Day on 30 November.
It already is in Scotland. I am quite prepared to raise a tin of McEwans export in solidarity though.

Actually, when I was working in Aberdeen there did seem to be more public holidays than those to the south were getting.

I don't think it's a bank holiday here today. Certainly the local authority schools are in school today. But I believe that the Edinburgh people who are working today got a day off last week to commemorate the birthday of Queen Victoria.

Just read that today used to be celebrated, until 1859, as Oak Apple Day to commemorate Charles II being restored to the throne in 1660. This after hiding in an oak tree following the Battle of Worcester.

lutonloony

Über Member
Took me 15mins to walk to the beach. Damm tourists slowed me down

Top Bottom