Bar End lights ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My road bike fell over last night :ohmy: - I had leant it up agains the kerb and walked away to see how my front lights looked to other road users. No damage but the bar end cap has shattered.

LBS haven't got any in stock. So looking online I see that I could potentially replace the end caps with LED ones.

http://dx.com/p/bicycle-handlebar-b...light-black-white-2-x-ag10-pair-126548?tc=GBP

or https://parkersofbolton.co.uk/p-248-bar-end-led-auto-shut-off-bike-lights.aspx

Anyone used any and could recommend them ?

Thanks

James

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I wouldn't bother, but I suppose every little helps. I imagine though that your legs would obscure them from cars behind until the car was fairly close to coming alongside you.

Last winter I followed someone for a mile or so with a set of the Tacx Lumos bar end lights and they really stood out in the dark. The weren't blocked by his legs or panniers either.
They do have in his words a 'virtually useless indicator function' though.

Gary E

Veteran
For that price I'd give them a go and make my own mind up. Get someone to hold your bike for you this time though if you decide to go see what they look like :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Thanks - yes, I'd never rely on those to indicate !

Those cost a lot more than alternatives but build quality might be better.

I just thought that having to replace the things anyway I might get something which will light up on my dark rides to & fro.

musa

Über Member
Let me know how you get on. I was given some tacx bar end lights with indicators as part of a deal when I purchased a garmin 500. There just sitting in my messenger bag. Not sure if to use. On a fnrttc yh useful but everyday use not sure

Let me know how you get on. I was given done tacx bar end lights with indicators as part of a deal when I purchased a garmin 500. There just sitting in my messenger bag. Not sure if to use. On a fnrttc yh useful but everyday use not sure

Put them on, they did really stand out in the dark. Don't get rid of your normal rear lights though. ^_^

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I've posted a review up of these bar-end lights now. In the reviews section !

And this time I leant the bike up against the wheelybin :thumbsup:

Top Bottom