Bar end shifter issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattsccm

What am I missing. have just swapped the shimano bar end shifter from one bike to another. Used the same mech, cable outers (only an hour or two old), cassette, chain, chainset. new inners. All working prefect when off. Both sets of dropouts perfectly parallel and the same distance apart , same wheel and bars even. Nothing has changed that I can see that might affect it. Even the inner and outer lengths are the same. This set up ran well on the new bike before briefly swaping to the now donor bike.
Now the right shifter, whilst travelling through the usual 90 degrees only pulls the cable from 9th up to about 3rd. It even does this with no chain fitted. Its got to be the guts of the shifter but just what am i missing?

OP
OP
M

mattsccm

Sorted thanks to the wonders of the web

OP
OP
M

mattsccm

Yeah. Put them on "new" bike with lever pointing down in top gear position. As you would. Thing is I took them off with the bike in about 4th. The internal ratchet was half way through its travel, thus only giving me half its range. mounting them 90 degrees up put them where they should be

Top Bottom