Bar Ends?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeitup

Veteran
Am considering getting some bar ends but am unsure of the pro's and cons.
I have ODI lock on grips and am looking at either the SJCS Ergo Control Bar Ends or the Cane Creek Ergo II's as they are designed to fit snugly with the ODI's.

Any feedback appreciated. :biggrin:

Brock

I've had the SJSC Ergo Control Bar End Grips on my bike for just under a year now, 10 miles commuting daily, a two week tour and weekend rides.

I've found them a little tricky to get in just the right position, and have never been entirely happy with how my hands sit on them. Saying that, I get very little problem with hand discomfort, and the longer the ride the less I seem to think about it.

The rubber they're coated with is very grippy and comfortable but sadly I've worn it through on the lower part of the grips where the palm sits when you're in a more upright position.

On the whole I think I'd probably recommend trying them anyway, the price is right after all. I still haven't decided whether to buy a new pair or go for the more expensive Cane Creek option now mine are worn out though.

bonj2

maybe a bit late now but i have got some 'contoured' specialized 'overendz' bar ends you can have if you want. Wiggle will take them back if you want, but keep them if you like them it's up to you they probably don't cost much anyway do they.

OP
OP
mikeitup

mikeitup

Veteran
re

Got these on the 14th March. Fitted em that night and have been using em since. Must say am impressed with these cane creeks. glad I daint pay £30 for em.
Been used on daily commutes and several 20+ milers. :tongue:

Handle Bar Grips and Bar-Ends

Hi all

I am about to partake on a 350 mile charity cycle ride for help for heroes.

Had soem good traiing runs, On Sunday did 60 miles in 4:13 - happt with that.

My issue though is on soem roads I get a numbness in my hands - it seems to be linked to road surface quality.

So I am lookting at gettign a pir of Bar-Ends for my trek 1400 to give me a more varied hand hold.

So I guess If I get a pair of bar ends, I will also need to change my handlebar grips, or do I cut the grips off the handle bars?

Also what should I go for?

Currnetly looking at either a pair of Cane Creeks or even somethign from the ERgon range.

Looked at the GR3 but no where has them in stock, so maybe the GR2

Any comments please?

Top Bottom