Bar extender

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've made a bar extender this morning.....
View attachment 3311

It's actually going to go on my sons Carrera Gryphon as the bars on it have a oversize centre and taper just where you'd want to fit a mount for a light, so the two fish lockblock tends to slide down the taper than end up pointing at the ground. Only one bolt to swap for a normal steerer cap.

I've made the tube for the mount from 28mm dia pipe (because thats what was in the ships scrap bin). I'm now thinking this might be a bit on the big side as the light mount on the bike picture won't fit around that diameter, will I struggle to get, say, a cycle computer mount on as well? Choice is either the present 28mm or change to 22mm. No 25mm in the bin unfortunately.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Piemaster said:
I've made a bar extender this morning.....
View attachment 3311

It's actually going to go on my sons Carrera Gryphon as the bars on it have a oversize centre and taper just where you'd want to fit a mount for a light, so the two fish lockblock tends to slide down the taper than end up pointing at the ground. Only one bolt to swap for a normal steerer cap.

I've made the tube for the mount from 28mm dia pipe (because thats what was in the ships scrap bin). I'm now thinking this might be a bit on the big side as the light mount on the bike picture won't fit around that diameter, will I struggle to get, say, a cycle computer mount on as well? Choice is either the present 28mm or change to 22mm. No 25mm in the bin unfortunately.

Do you have a good dentist?

Will1985

Über Member
If you modified that slightly and added armrests, that would make an unusual tribar setup.

That thing is enormous. I would bend it right down.
+1 for Cubist's comment.

Top Bottom