Bar grips rotating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AliA

Hello All
I am getting annoyed with the Bontrager satellite(ergonomic) bar grips on my Trek 7.5WSD as they keep rotating and I am fed up of having to twist them back into position.
Is there a way I can get them to fix in place? Is superglue a recognised remedy?!
Many thanks
AliA

Razor08

Hello All
I am getting annoyed with the Bontrager satellite(ergonomic) bar grips on my Trek 7.5WSD as they keep rotating and I am fed up of having to twist them back into position.
Is there a way I can get them to fix in place? Is superglue a recognised remedy?!
Many thanks
AliA

Hi the best way of fixing bar grips is to remove grips spray with hair spray push back on these should not move again but you will have to cut them off to remove them.

mr Mag00

rising member
yes the hairspray does work, but no need to cut to remove use wd40 or some such and they will slide back off. wash well and use liberal amounts f hairspray and reaattach hey presto!

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Helen had that problem with her grips, so i took them off, cleaned the bar ends and the insides of the grips with acetone, let them dry and popped them back on... they are a lot better now

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yep hairspray to stick 'em on, WD40 used with a small diameter screw driver and squirted in with the little red tube to get them off. Washing up bowl and detergent to was the WD40 off before more hairspray so they slide back on easy and set in place. Elnett works very well.

Top Bottom