bar tape question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A commonly used TLA: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/forum-cycling-acronyms.1590/post-3292488
Named in honour of @User13710 who has been subject on so many occasions to the indignity (I'm sure she has a stronger and more appropriate word) of posting a sensible and apposite reply to a post, which has been ignored by all and sundry, only to have her point repeated by another poster who then receives all the credit.
I always thought @User13710 chose her username due to it being something said that went around the office she worked in. :unsure: much like 'raleighnut' refers to my joining post on here.
Never knew whether it was an accolade or an insult though.

Anyway back to bar tape- All of my bikes that have drops/bullhorns fitted (the roadies) have Velox bartape on them (the padding is in my cycling mitts/gloves) :angel: :becool:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It might have been if you had posted a readable link instead of one that started google and then got cut ;)
The link works fine on my PC but maybe it is a Ribble website problem (they did seem to be the least expensive on-line seller,seeing as the OP is in France, almost as cheap as I can get it for from my favourite bike shop)

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
A commonly used TLA: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/forum-cycling-acronyms.1590/post-3292488
Named in honour of @User13710 who has been subject on so many occasions to the indignity (I'm sure she has a stronger and more appropriate word) of posting a sensible and apposite reply to a post, which has been ignored by all and sundry, only to have her point repeated by another poster who then receives all the credit.
Well l am surprised, not to say shocked that anyone would stoop so low on Cyclechat !

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The link works fine on my PC but maybe it is a Ribble website problem (they did seem to be the least expensive on-line seller,seeing as the OP is in France, almost as cheap as I can get it for from my favourite bike shop)
Link works fine but when reading it (people don't click every link), it looks like a link to Google because it is. Giggle then redirects browsers to the real website because Google loves to spy.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Link works fine but when reading it (people don't click every link), it looks like a link to Google because it is. Giggle then redirects browsers to the real website because Google loves to spy.
If they're interested in people looking at cloth bar tape good luck to em. :giggle:

Cyclechat is infested by 'robots' anyway, I've posted some pictures in 'Media' and if you search under my username those pictures come up as well as some by an American guy called 'Raleighnut'.
I know they've come from here (not that I care) because I haven't posted them anywhere else and I don't use 'Cloud Storage' or anything for my crappy digital photos and my (semi) pro stuff is all on B&W in my darkroom filing cabinet, my plan-chest or hanging on peoples walls (BTW if you want to find out my real name then look at the cover of 'When The Bridegroom Comes' by 'Sir Vincent Lone' better known as Jackie Leven and my photo is credited)

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Its small comfort but l guess "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" !

Top Bottom