Bar Tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Apeman

Über Member
I am the proud owner of a Trek 1500 Alpha series in yellow and blue livery.I need to source the original blue and yellow speckled bar tape and blue anodised wheel rims that were the original spec.The original wheels are worn out. If any one knows where I can lay my hands on these items I would be most appreciative

alicat

Legendary Member
I know the tape you mean but my mind's gone blank.

Google 'multicoloured cork bar tape' and there is quite a choice.

The bar tape sounds like it's probably Cinelli Splash, or similar (if you do web search for "blue yellow splash tape" or something like that you'll find lots).

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Profile design matches best what I remember, but the tape I saw on the bike may not have been original. I don't see the tape in their current selection. I also do not see splash tape in Bontraeger, Treks accessories supplier. This is the Cinelli version
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFYMZOXl2fvFzLtQgVo8_rCWWIgNFPF33WcipfYeyVspVcc66-.jpg

And Team Estrogen seems to still have some Profile Design
PD-TACOR92-YEBL-a.jpg
http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodPD_...iFk3B1GIfb2k8my4HRVAJnRE6apxIqqOd0aAg1J8P8HAQ

OP
OP
A

Apeman

Über Member
Profile design matches best what I remember, but the tape I saw on the bike may not have been original. I don't see the tape in their current selection. I also do not see splash tape in Bontraeger, Treks accessories supplier. This is the Cinelli version
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFYMZOXl2fvFzLtQgVo8_rCWWIgNFPF33WcipfYeyVspVcc66-.jpg

And Team Estrogen seems to still have some Profile Design
PD-TACOR92-YEBL-a.jpg
http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodPD_...iFk3B1GIfb2k8my4HRVAJnRE6apxIqqOd0aAg1J8P8HAQ
I am the proud owner of a Trek 1500 Alpha series in yellow and blue livery.I need to source the original blue and yellow speckled bar tape and blue anodised wheel rims that were the original spec.The original wheels are worn out. If any one knows where I can lay my hands on these items I would be most appreciative
Thanks guys have now sourced the bar tape ---now just to find the blue rims made under the name "veulta"

Top Bottom