Bar tape?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I like Supacaz Sticky Kush tape; expensive but good.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Cork tape has quite a nice soft feel to it, and plenty of cushioning.

I like Cinelli and Bontrager tapes, both have a lovely feel and softness and they come in a lot of super colours. I got a nice banana yellow from Bontrager for my black and yellow road bike and I've got black Cinelli cork tape on another. They're both nice and stretchy to work with and don't snap easily.

I'm in a bar tape quandary myself at the moment, I put leather tape on my tourer a week ago to match the leather saddle and it looks pants... way too thin, and also not remotely as comfy as cork tape.

vickster

Legendary Member
fizik classic for me. I don’t like a suedy feel of cork (although I do have Bontrager patterned on the posh bike) and I found lizardskins wore far too quickly given the cost (feels nice though)

Sigma sports always has a really good range of tapes

I never buy black tape, way too boring. Black on new genesis got rapidly changed to orange Fizik :laugh:

si_c

Guru
I've gone for Lizard Skins generally of late as it's really comfortable to hold and maintains it's grip in inclement weather - I've found that cork tape tends to get slippy when it's really wet.

Not been able to get hold of any black Lizard Skins the last month or so, so I've gone for SuperCaz Sticky Cush, so far very impressed, it's easily as good as Lizard Skins.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've gone for Lizard Skins generally of late as it's really comfortable to hold and maintains it's grip in inclement weather - I've found that cork tape tends to get slippy when it's really wet.

Not been able to get hold of any black Lizard Skins the last month or so, so I've gone for SuperCaz Sticky Cush, so far very impressed, it's easily as good as Lizard Skins.
Sigma have black lizard skins depending on your thickness preference
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Lizard-Skins/DSP-V2-Bar-Tape-32mm/P0NQ?id=1167257 (due end of July)
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Lizard-Skins/DSP-V2-Bar-Tape-25mm/P0MV?id=1167228
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Lizard-Skins/DSP-V2-Bar-Tape-18mm/P0MI

OP
OP
bungyb69

bungyb69

I want to change the colour of my tape my bikes orange with a bit of red and black forks just don't know what colour would work best? Just don't want it to look stupid

NotAsGoodAsMyBike

Arundel Gecko. Plain black, not the arty prints. Been on my bike now for over 6 years and 5,000+ miles and still looks good (it has worn on the curves just behind the hoods, but you can’t notice unless you‘re close and the light falls in the right way).

On another bike, I’ve just replaced some very tatty Lizardskins tape that wore with virtually no use. Went for Condor shockproof tape. Went on OK and came with nice aluminium bar plugs but too early to tell yet if I like it

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I never buy black tape, way too boring.

I'm not keen on absolute black either, but that dark grey / charcoal can look quite nice on some machines. And especially if the saddle is dark grey or charcoal and the frame is bright, say, red or orange, dark grey tape looks nice.

There's a potentially spiky question actually, does the bar tape always have to match the saddle?

Top Bottom