1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bargain - Anybody fancy a new bike?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by punkypossum, 23 Mar 2008.

1. punkypossum

punkypossum Donut Devil

2. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

Is this for real?

3. Maz

Maz Guru

looks genuine enough...a bargain for someone, although i'm not too keen on the colour.

4. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

illiterate t*t on ebay

5. stevenb

stevenb New Member

:biggrin:
    Oxford by location.....

Not Oxford by education...:becool:

6. Zoiders

Zoiders New Member

He speaketh in tongues!

Dent on the cranks and a broken spoke? sounds like damge from the lock being smashed/cut/car jacked off

7. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Hmmm....the man/woman composes an attractive advertisement. Who is it supposed to appeal to?

8. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Doesn't sound like the bikes proper owner....sounds like a google search has made his advert....look at the saddle height and angle........not well set up.
    Painted frame too.......change of identity to overt any onlooking theft victim.
    Fishier than a fish market to me.....hmmm

9. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Wonder where he got the Record titanium groupset?

10. LLB

LLB Guest

Wikkid innit :blush:

11. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Mmmmm

I'm pretty local! Vry iffy f u ask mi.

Apart from the appalling text.
    From the look of the welding it's a pretty poor frame, Resprayed....why? Who in the know would buy a re-sprayed shoot-made alu frame and carbon forks, covering-up anything? Cannondale stickers=Cannondale frame?
    The Wheels are made of cheese and found on Cheap £250 discounted Saracens. The forks are familiar shaped, but I don't know where from.
    The Campag looks OK.

Nope, It looks a dodgy bitsa special, not to be touched with a barge-pole.

12. Zoiders

Zoiders New Member

If you look at the picture of the hanger its also got rack and guard eyes, I think its an old carrera virtuoso with stolen bits and a respray

We have an 8 year old frame, newish wheels, campag groupset from another bike as well

All put together by a semi-literate mong who more than likely works in Halfords

Avoid.

13. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Thank goodness it's got Campag, it'll never tempt me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. walker

walker New Member

He Sounds Jamaican

15. Danny

Danny Legendary Member

No he doesn't. This is the way most young people communicate with each other these days via text or MSN. My 15 year old son has no trouble understanding the listing, but agreed that no one was likely to bid with a listing written like that.

Most you people can of course switch between text speak and normal English, and know when to do so. However this is clearly not a skill that has yet been learnt by the seller.