Bargain find

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Was searching and poking about on websites, as you do, and came across a 2nd hand bike. (I was sort of looking out for something for winter use). A carbon KTM Revelator, complete with Ultegra R8000 series kit. It's an ex covid bike and was used to ride about 150 miles and was left languishing in a garage with a rusty chain. I collected it a few days ago, stuck a new chain on it, cleaned it up, mudguards for winter and it was ready to go. Wheels are basic Aksium wheels but I'm changing them for tubeless anyway. £500. And a belter to ride. Don't think the seller realised how good a bike it is. Its even better than the Bianchi I used to have that I sold for the Basso.

Anyone else come on a decent bargain?

notmyrealnamebutclose

Lucky you. Any pictures?

OP
OP
BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Very nice.

I've a feeling there will be a lot more of these emerging when people feel the financial squeeze more than they are now. Lots of 2020 impulse purchases being sold to raise urgent funds.

Yip. A friend found a Boardman Pro, with 105/ FSA crank, all carbon, for 350. Same thing; covid bike. Another steal.

OP
OP
BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
20221231_144417.jpg
That's it after a clean this afternoon, after a very wet 60km. Last one of '22.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Lovely. I thought I'd done well getting an old Giant carbon for £200 a few years ago. I was in Evans' last week and it was jammed with stock, as full as I've ever seen it. Nice to see lots of bikes available again.

Top Bottom