Bargain short sleeved tops for £8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

DLB

i might just order another one then...

Mr P - why have you got a pic of Helen Daniels on your posts? Is she your Mum..., sister..., wife??? :blush:

OP
OP
D

DLB

my black gill top arrived this morning (24 hr delivery - thanks wiggle) I ordered a XL as in normal clothing i am a large. fits well if a little closer than other tops i have. it looks great tho and i think it's a hell of a bargain.

the fabric is a type of mesh and so ideal for wicking moisture on warmer rides i guess.

SamNichols

Apparently there is a thrift shop in Manchester that sells old cycling jerseys for a pound each. My cousin bought some, and they're pretty retro chic. Going up now, I shall report back if it's good.
Sam

OP
OP
D

DLB

just been out in one of the gill tops and it's a really nice piece of kit. Nice deep pockets at the back and half zip at the front. The black looked really good on. IMHO it's better than the dhb buriton top i bought from wiggle for about £22.

i'm just off to order a red one now...

Joe

Über Member
I posted about these in the bargains thread the other day;)
Got mine today, a small red one. Seems nice enough, decent fit and you can't complain about the price! Heres hoping for some decent weather this weekend:biggrin:

OP
OP
D

DLB

Joe said:
I posted about these in the bargains thread the other day;)
Got mine today, a small red one. Seems nice enough, decent fit and you can't complain about the price! Heres hoping for some decent weather this weekend:biggrin:

i knew i'd seen them mentioned on this forum before. you get all the credit mate - they're great tops for £8. i've just got the red one today.

Size-wise - always have a prob here: being exactly 38" chest, do I go for the small 36-38" or the medium 38-40"? I like my shirts close fitting, but will small be too small?

Can anyone in similar situation who has bought these before advise please?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
If it's consistent with the Large, my Gill jersey seems somewhat less snug around the chest and armpits than my (Large) Foska one (which is as close to perfect in fit as any jersey I have). The fit of the Gil is most similar to my Gonso (Large) road jersey, and far less snug than the (Large) SPEG jersey I got from cycleclothing.co.uk

(Of course, if you've never worn any of those brands, that's no help at all :biggrin: )

Top Bottom