Bargain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tony cardall

Regular
16759.jpg
I got 2 of these today 12mm x 1.8m double loop plastic coated security cable from toolstation for less than a five each.Thicker than the kryptonite cable and nealy half the price.

SS Retro

Been using them for few years for locking canoes to roof racks think I paid around £1.99.

OP
OP
tony cardall

tony cardall

Regular
Looks like a great deal. How heavy are they?
i had a krptonite cable with my lock and these are about the same weight but thicker and the loops are better.Quite light though and a great looking deterant with 2 of them wrapped around my bike.If you need a cable to thread through your bike then these are great .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sorry, but if you are using these on their own, without a really secure d-lock, you can kiss your bike goodbye. Use to secure wheels only. Oh, and the thickness will most likely be the plastic coating - very deceiving ! Don't expect much for less than £5.

Cables are useless.

OP
OP
tony cardall

tony cardall

Regular
Sorry, but if you are using these on their own, without a really secure d-lock, you can kiss your bike goodbye. Use to secure wheels only. Oh, and the thickness will most likely be the plastic coating - very deceiving ! Don't expect much for less than £5.

Cables are useless.
the cable itself is thicker than the kryptonite one i got with my kryptonite d lock.Your right they're no good with out a d lock but i use 2 of each plus a 6ft 8mm one through my pedals and seat.I'm sure a good thief could nick it but in a line of 10 bikes mine looks like way too much trouble to nick compared to the others so i'm happy.

Top Bottom