1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bargains

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by yorkshiregoth, 27 Jul 2007.

1. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

Not known for cycling gear but it may be worth checking out the mens section of TK Maxx. Managed to get some Ronhill 3/4 bib tights for £6 and a couple of Gonso tops for £14.

2. Maz

Maz Guru

Agree. I was in TKMax and picked up a couple of North Face baselayers for a fiver each. The shop just chucks these things in with the pants and grandad thermals section without a second thought.

3. johnr

johnr Über Member

Thanks for those. I was going to start a 'spot a bargain' thread... I seem to remember there being a useful one somewhere else, long ago.

Foska are doing a prelaunch discount on their new 'crash test dummy' shirt for subscribers to their newsletter. A bargain if you're a Foska fan.

4. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

Lidl are selling cycling shorts for £3.99, and cycling shirts for £3.99
    also a pair of reflective bands for £1.49.
    Limited stock this Saturday 4th.

5. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

wilko's do quite good bargains...
    I got a pump, tube, tyre levers, and brake blocks today for less than a tenner.
    that style of pump alone in LBS is fifteen quid.

7. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

#
    yeah but my pricey LBS could do a shirt for £20, shorts for £25 and gloves for £5, all bottom of the range stuff, that stuff might be decent but they're really not the areas you want to be saving money imho

8. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

in fact don't get inner tubes from wilko's, they're a genuine work of crapola.

9. mosschops2

mosschops2 New Member

I'm not sure I'd trust Wilkos brake pads either - but hey!

10. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

if the brands/ages are good fine but shaving money off working parts you rely on?

11. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

It's been mentioned elsewhere on here, but there are 10% off tokens on the side of some Kelloggs Cornflakes packets for bikes and accessories at Halfords.

12. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Just a heads up on T.K. Maxx again - most of the cycling stuff has moved into their "Final Clearance" section in my local stores (Manchester & Handforth). I've only seen the Gonso jerseys (I like these a lot though) and Montane Featherlight jackets (£20 for the latter, between £8 and £14 for the former). The Montane jackets are the windproof ones, and seem to be either Small, Large, or XLarge sizes.

13. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

aldi is doing cycling stuff on the 27th september.

14. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

How do you know?? Are you sleeping with the boss?

15. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i could tell you but i'd have to kill you (and no, i don't work for aldi).