Bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Not known for cycling gear but it may be worth checking out the mens section of TK Maxx. Managed to get some Ronhill 3/4 bib tights for £6 and a couple of Gonso tops for £14.

Maz

Guru
Agree. I was in TKMax and picked up a couple of North Face baselayers for a fiver each. The shop just chucks these things in with the pants and grandad thermals section without a second thought.

Thanks for those. I was going to start a 'spot a bargain' thread... I seem to remember there being a useful one somewhere else, long ago.

Foska are doing a prelaunch discount on their new 'crash test dummy' shirt for subscribers to their newsletter. A bargain if you're a Foska fan.

Mr Phoebus

Lidl are selling cycling shorts for £3.99, and cycling shirts for £3.99
also a pair of reflective bands for £1.49.
Limited stock this Saturday 4th.

bonj2

wilko's do quite good bargains...
I got a pump, tube, tyre levers, and brake blocks today for less than a tenner.
that style of pump alone in LBS is fifteen quid.

bonj2

bonj said:
wilko's do quite good bargains...
I got a pump, tube, tyre levers, and brake blocks today for less than a tenner.
that style of pump alone in LBS is fifteen quid.

in fact don't get inner tubes from wilko's, they're a genuine work of crapola.

mosschops2

in fact don't get inner tubes from wilko's, they're a genuine work of crapola.
I'm not sure I'd trust Wilkos brake pads either - but hey!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Just a heads up on T.K. Maxx again - most of the cycling stuff has moved into their "Final Clearance" section in my local stores (Manchester & Handforth). I've only seen the Gonso jerseys (I like these a lot though) and Montane Featherlight jackets (£20 for the latter, between £8 and £14 for the former). The Montane jackets are the windproof ones, and seem to be either Small, Large, or XLarge sizes.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Joe said:
Short sleeved Gill jersey on Wiggle at the moment for £7.77

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDeta...D=5360030667&N=Gill Urban Short Sleeve Jersey

Anyone tried one? Got to be worth a go for that price...

Got mine today - very nice piece of kit indeed (went for the black). The sizes seem to be about on a par with Gonso's (I got a large, and it fits me like a Gonso road jersey large, i.e. ok on shoulders and for length, but a bit baggy at the armpit). The neck is big too (I take a 16-16.5 in shirt collars, and this is the first jersey to not need the stretch of the lycra for me to zip it up).

I bought a dhb longsleeve and shortsleeve in the sale too - the LS is snug in a large, and I'd probably go for an XL if ordering again. The SS dhb top is snugger than the Gil one, but doesn't seem feel quite as nice on, to me at least (cut is fine, it's the material I don't like, I think).

Still, they're great at these prices.

Top Bottom