Bargin Van Nich Zephyr I think

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
popped into to Halfrauds a couple of days ago to get some tube patches and dam near came out £1671 lighter. I think that this bike is a bargin. When i got home i checked it out on the van nich website with the same spec and the bike came to £2389. it is a 54cm frame with full Ultegra but with cheap fulcrum 7 wheels. I'd be really grateful if someone would go to the hedge end store and buy it so that i don't get tempted.

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

Windy

Keith Oates

Janner
It's a very nice machine, Go on spoil yourself you only live once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Dunno about their road frames but the respected magazine Singletrack recently tested one of their MTB frames and hated it.

Mortiroloboy

WindyRob said:
popped into to Halfrauds a couple of days ago to get some tube patches and dam near came out £1671 lighter. I think that this bike is a bargin. When i got home i checked it out on the van nich website with the same spec and the bike came to £2389. it is a 54cm frame with full Ultegra but with cheap fulcrum 7 wheels. I'd be really grateful if someone would go to the hedge end store and buy it so that i don't get tempted.

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

Windy

Oi!!!:laugh: I have R7's on my winter bike, they may only cost £140(ish), but they aren't 'cheap', they're pretty actually pretty good VFM IMHO.

papercorn2000

I have the Airborne Zeppelin (which is the same bike with a different name). I've been racing on it for ages and love it.

Regarding the OP, there has been an Airborne Carpe Diem in the back room of East Kilbride Halfwits for years. The original asking price was about £800. A few years back , they wanted £400. Last weekend I offered them £200.

Result! Brand new Ti winter frame (with the option of turning it into a cross bike).

U

User482

Rigid Raider said:
Dunno about their road frames but the respected magazine Singletrack recently tested one of their MTB frames and hated it.

The touring/ audax frames (Yukon & Amazon IIRC) are well regarded, I don't know about the pure road frames.

bonk man

I have an Amazon , very nice and pretty quick for a touring bike:biggrin:

I thought about it and when i got home and saw my thorn cyclosportif i decided that i wouldn't get anything more than i already have except for an upgrade to Ultegra 5339 and ideally i'd like another triple or compact.

I can get a full ultegra groupset for sub £500 and think this is a better option.

And perhaps more than that I did the accounts for July and August last night and now i know i really can't afford it...... still it did look nice, maybe SWMBO might not notice.... some hope!

Windy

Top Bottom