Bark bark etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Baggy said:
I'd ring the council and see if they have a Dog Warden. They usually work within environmental health and investigate this kind of problem.

Sounds like a good plan, thanks Baggy. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
I had this problem a few years ago. The neighbour 3 doors away used to work shifts (sometimes doubles) and would leave his dog outside all the time and it would constantly bark. One night I went round and pinned an anonymous note to the door (my missus would not did not want me to put my name on it) which said that unless he sorted this problem out I would sort both him and his dog out ! :rolleyes:

Problem stopped the next day

Yeah, I may send a note or a letter through the post and use RSPCA letterhead?

The Young Soul Rebel said:
Phone the council. It is a noise nusiance.

+1

The woman next door to us (the one who regularly trashes the front of her car against her up and over door:smile: ) has not taken her dog for a walk in the five or so years she has lived there. :rolleyes:
I feed the dog and now he doesn't bark as much.
There was a council visit and the noise complaint must have been taken seriously.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Why don't you fake up a council letterhead on the computer and send them a warning letter. Threaten to send the b*stards back to Nicosia or the dog gets it.

If you decide to kill the dog though there's a couple somewhere who'll apparently knit it up into a nice tank top!

buggi

Bird Saviour
yea, i'd go round in the night if the dog was barking and get them out of bed.

i can't say much, Zero is a little sod raggin his bars at night, but he is much better than he was now we've got a "routine" and i did apologise to my neighbours!

Maz

Guru
Are you on speaking terms with the neighbours immediately either side of the dog-owner?
Why not speak to them? Maybe they feel likewise and you might then also have a stronger case for reporting the noise and/or ill-treatment of the dog.

Dark chocolate is toxic to dogs.

But really, you want to sort the neighbours out. See my post about Chav dogs for what happened when I asked a neighbour to keep his dog out of my garden.

Get the neighbours involved, I shouldn't think they're happy either. So some research on noise, cruelty and environmental health, write it up in a flyer and flyer the street, including his house.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Some great suggestions here. Does anyone know if you can report these things anonymously? The last thing I want is to start some kind of feud.

Also, if I do decide to just kill the dog does anyone know any cheap, easy and humane ways of dispatching the poor beast?

Renard

Have you tried your local environmental health dept. In Scotland it can be dealt with under anti-social noise legislation. I would imagine that similar provisions exist in England and Wales.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
domtyler said:
Some great suggestions here. Does anyone know if you can report these things anonymously? The last thing I want is to start some kind of feud.

Also, if I do decide to just kill the dog does anyone know any cheap, easy and humane ways of dispatching the poor beast?

Sling a big chunk of meat over which you connect to 240V. When the little blighter bites in he gets a good zap and you get a new coat. :tongue:
Of course i would never do this.:biggrin:

Seriously i would go and knock on the door and tell them your not happy, and that they should look after the dog better so it doesnt bark and whine all the time.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Try saying:"Το σκυλί σας αποφλοιώνει επειδή το λαμβάνετε τα harris"

Or just go round and smash all his plates. xx(

Abitrary

domtyler said:
Confront the neighbour? He is a six foot something Greek/Cypriot bloke with a bad temper.

Give the dog a doner kebab from his restaurant. Give the barking bastard a taste of his master's bubonic medicine.

simoncc

I had the this problem last year - dog left alone in next door's garden all day every day and most evenings whining and barking out of sheer loneliness and bordeom. The RSPCA were useless. As long as the dog had access to water, which it did, they couldn't care less even though they agreed that the dog was very unhappy. They told me to go to the council. You have to keep a log of all the barking and then the council sends the neighbour a letter. This solved the problem in my case, so why the neighbour didn't just solve it when I originally asked I don't know. If you require a quicker solution there is always the DIY approach which is to be recommended if you want to sell your house, don't want a barking dog around when showing it to sellers and don't want to declare on the selling forms that you've ever reported a neighbour as a nuisance of any kind.

Top Bottom